Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open set location dilogue, attempting retry .FormIt issue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ktairfan
613 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to open set location dilogue, attempting retry .FormIt issue

I have been using formIt(both desktop and browser versions)  for months, most of the time when I try to use the set location feature it shows the dialogue "Unable to open the set location dialogue, attempting to retry" and then asks to check the internet. At the same time when using the browser version of Formit, the location button does nothing, like an unresponsive button.   wonderfully both work sometimes if I'm lucky.  To me, it feels like most of the time map server not responding, but I don't know what the exact problem is, can anybody help me figure it out?

Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
josh.goldstein
in reply to: ktairfan

Hi @ktairfan,

Sorry you're experiencing this. 

As the message suggests, this is typically due to a poor internet connection. We've tested on our end and things appear to be working correctly for us.

A few things worth checking:

• Do you have an alternative connection to try? Like a 5Ghz instead of 2.4Ghz connection?
  • Are you on VPN when this is happening?
  • Do you have connection slowness or issues with any other service?

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 12
ktairfan
in reply to: josh.goldstein

@josh.goldstein   I'm sure that it's not because of internet speed because im using high speed internet, I also tried 5Ghz 2.4 Ghz, 4G mobile data , nothing works, I'm not using VPN aswell , it happens both installed version and web version. So what can be the problem ?

Message 4 of 12
josh.goldstein

I don't know, but we don't have other customers reporting this, and we're not seeing it on our end. 

In our internal discussions about this, the suggestion about internet speed/connectivity quality was the first place we decided to start. 

I'll see if the team has any other ideas, but right now, the core issue is unclear.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 5 of 12
ktairfan

Okay, but it works sometimes. 

I found something from the following website, for a similar issue, 

(Still, I didn't get a solution)

windows.help.formit.autodesk.com/tool-library/setting-location

ktairfan_1-1698874447085.png

Message 6 of 12
ktairfan

@josh.goldstein I tried the same from my friend's PC with his account on FormIt web version same issue, the set location is not working. ( we both using Student account/access)

another info that In the browser version when I click on  "Click to set a location" it shows the bottom left corner like the following image

ktairfan_0-1698982336983.png

I can conclude that this is not because of the speed of the internet connection. 

waiting for a solution...

Thank you

Message 7 of 12
josh.goldstein

@ktairfan did you try the troubleshooting steps in your screenshot? Did you get any data to show up when you went to that URL?

Do you know if you or your IT department have a firewall active? If so, can you try disabling your firewall temporarily to see if the Set Location button works?

If so, here's a list of URLs you'll need to allow in your firewall settings:

joshgoldstein_0-1699039277425.png

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 8 of 12
ktairfan

ktairfan_0-1699164233038.png

-this is what I can see the 'data' when I open the link mentioned in the screenshot.

-I tried disabling the firewall On my PC, but, still no change.

(the last time I didn't have the problem was yesterday in my college, I was using college wifi

now it's not working on the hostel wifi and mobile hotspot data. so what can be the cause? )

Message 9 of 12
josh.goldstein

Can you confirm you can see that data in your screenshot even when you cannot use the plugin? For example, you mention it's not loading on the hostel wifi; so do you get the same data in your screenshot if you try it on hostel wifi?

Because the behavior changes between wifi connections, it's beginning to seem like some networks might have different configurations that are blocking your ability to use this feature depending on which wifi you're connected to.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 10 of 12
ktairfan

ktairfan_0-1699435823064.png

I see this "data" when I check with the college Wi-Fi,  I think the same

Since I tried multiple times, I can get it when using college Wi-Fi, and not with hostel Wi-Fi, and mobile hotspot data.    All were set to the public network

Message 11 of 12
josh.goldstein

It would be good to know what that data response is for the two networks that don't work, the hostel and the hotspot.

So far it sounds like the college wifi works and the data is as expected, from your screenshot.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 12 of 12
ktairfan

when using college wifi - set location works and the data shown up on the link 

ktairfan_0-1699523262034.png

when using mobile hotspot data - set location does not work and the data shows up on the link 

ktairfan_1-1699523307682.png

Both are the same !!

The same thing on the hostel wifi, the screenshot is shown at first of this discussion was taken on hostel wifi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators