Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

COMO APLICAR HATCH

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
grecoravi
277 Views, 1 Reply

COMO APLICAR HATCH

grecoravi_0-1699068008943.png

Tengo una duda me piden hacer eso, supongo que es con hatch y luego con user pero me piden 0.25 x 0.5 y no se  como aplicarlo ayudenme poorfavor.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lucdoucet_msdl
in reply to: grecoravi

As I understand your request (with Google Translate) you wish to illustrate ceramic tile joints in your FormIt model.

I would suggest two different approaches depending on the presentation method. Either create a material with the appropriate joint and tile dimensions and paint the surfaces or model the joints as 3d lines on the faces of the floor surface.

Material approach:

1. Download, create or modify an image file of a ceramic tile grid with the correct proportions for each type of ceramic floor;

2. Create a FormIt material and assign the image file. Adjust the material dimensions to get the correct dimensions (i.e. 40x40cm or 25x50cm);

3. Apply the material to the surface and adjust the orientation of the pattern. https://windows.help.formit.autodesk.com/tool-library/materials#adjusting-material-placement

The advantage of the material approach is to get a more realistic view. The disadvantage is having to find a material map that has the correct tile pattern and joint size/color.

Modelling approach:
1. Group your floor surface;

2. Draw your model lines in a new group (so that they don't cut your floor surface);

The advantage to the modelling approach is when you export to a CAD or Revit model, you can snap to the geometry. 

Hope this helps,

-luc 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators