Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any plans for adding file import support for gis shape files 2d and 3d and geotiffs?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ugur.gursoy
521 Views, 2 Replies

Are there any plans for adding file import support for gis shape files 2d and 3d and geotiffs?

Hi,

Since forma does not provide high quality elevation terrain maps, satellite photography and lod1 building models , property borders, in my country (Belgium). I would love to be able to import that data which is publicly available from the government web service. 

Are there any plans to implement that to forma? I can do that in Infraworks and it works like a charm but my work is more suitable to forma and I have no possibility to utilize any of the data I have. 

Kindest regards,

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
oduijl
in reply to: ugur.gursoy

Good afternoon,

This is not an answer to all your problems, but I do have a workaround for the building data perhaps. In the Netherlands, the building data is provided through Forma (until LOD 1). But sometimes I want to include a higher level of detail. In that case I use Google SketchUp to convert the downloaded data to a .obj file to import in Forma.

Hope this helps a bit!

Kind regards,

Oscar den Uijl

Message 3 of 3

Hi!

We strive to offer third-party free/open high-quality data inside Forma for as many regions as possible - but we also have to prioritize what we support since there are a lot of potential data sources around the world.

As you mention, importing data yourself can be a good alternative. We plan on improving the supported data formats / data types but we can unfortunately not share the exact scope and timeline for that work now.

Best regards,

Kristoffer

Autodesk Forma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report