Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forma for Urban Planning

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
caoimhe_loftus
334 Views, 5 Replies

Forma for Urban Planning

Our colleagues in the urban planning team have offered some suggestions for features to facilitate urban planning workflows:

• Ability to work on larger sites for garden village projects of similar (approx 200 hectares)
  • Ability to generate road and street hierarchy, and specify street section.
  • Ability to measure road and land use area
  • Ability to measure embodied carbon associated with these elements. 

Can you advise if any of these features are on the current roadmap? Let me know if you'd like any more information on the above.

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Caoimhe, thanks for really great feedback!

The site size limitation is something we would like to improve, and is in place to ensure good performance in our projects. We hope to be able to increase this in the future, but we are not actively working on this at current time.

The three other bullet points are all relevant for improvements we plan to work on in the near future. I do not want to promise specifics here, however feedback like this is very valuable for us to guide our development.

Could you elaborate a bit on how your workflow look like when working with road and street hierarchies?

Kind regards
Martin Hallén

Martin Hallén
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Martin, that's good to hear. 

Regarding the larger site if the scope of analysis is an issue we wondered if the analysis could be focused on a specific area while allowing a larger area for context.

Regarding the roads workflow I understand that they'd like to drawing the main routes, apply street sections and then generate parcels from the road junctions but to have the flexibility to move those roads and have the parcels update. Happy to arrange a call to discuss in more detail with the team if it's useful.

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Hi again!

Many of the analysis support setting a custom circle to define the analysed area (see image). You can also use "zones" to draw the different areas you would like to be analysed, and then select that zone from the same Analysis area menu. Let me know if that does the trick!
Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 09.01.04.png

The roads workflow sounds very relevant. I would be happy to arrange a meeting with you! We do not currently work on this workflow, but is it ok if I send you a message when we will work on it again?

Kind regards
Martin Hallén 

Martin Hallén
Software Engineer
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Martin, yes that's fine - feel free to reach out when you are working on this feature.

C.

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

My colleague provided an additional note suggesting that the exploring blocks/road hierarchy in 2D to get the street structure could be a pre-stage to the current design process in Forma. Something to discuss when we meet.

Caoimhe Loftus

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators