Concentric Circles - Sized by Radial Distance from Adjacent Circle

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
apweng
329 Views, 2 Replies

Concentric Circles - Sized by Radial Distance from Adjacent Circle

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a block for farmland pivot irrigation system - the massive sprinklers you see on wheels for irrigating fields and rotate on wheels about a center pivot point.

Here are my parameters:

1. Up to 10 concentric circles - I will use visibility states for these
  2. Radius of each circle will be constrained to a minimum and maximum value (I can do this)
  3. Radius of all but the center circle is based on specifying a radial distance from the next smallest circle

So I can create a dynamic block with 10 concentric circles, and use parameters and actions to size the circles by radius, but I can't figure out how to size all but the inner circle by specifying a distance from the next smallest circle.

Here's an image that may help explain - thanks!

Andy2022-11-08_16-04-52.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: apweng

Fairly straightforward.  I did three circles.  Just follow the same process for additional circles.  See screencast.

Message 3 of 3
apweng
in reply to: Libbya

Well this is absolutely fantastic!  I chuckle at  your "fairly straightforward" comment as I will undoubtedly spend 2 hours absorbing and redoing what you did to make my block work - thank you very much!

I will for sure be following up with an additional question as I need to have a line drawn from the center to the extents of the maximum radius (with a symbol at the outer end point of that line, which would be inserted at the intersection of each circle).

Working with dynamic blocks requires a programmers mind for sure - thanks again!

Regards,

Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta