Block Attributes for Legend

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ashetonv
551 Views, 2 Replies

Block Attributes for Legend

Hello,

I am looking for a faster way of adding/editing keynotes for site plans. Essentially I have a lot of various structures that are keynoted with a block  (i.e. "A1" which refers to a legend). Up until now, if some design changes in which the legend must change, it requires me to change all the keynotes individually because it is just a manual attribute.

When I have looked this morning, the best way I can find to make this faster is to use "DWGPROPS" to make custom fields in which each object has a custom field, and then having the attribute reference this field. However, this makes my fields menu very crowded, and also still requires me to go change the field reference. It would be great if I could select the block and then tell it which part it is referencing in order to change the note, also thereby avoiding using "UPDATEFIELD". Haven't worked with databases with respect to referencing in AutoCAD, so this might be another route to consider. Open to ideas, let me know of any suggestions you might have. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
3wood
in reply to: ashetonv

I won't make it so complicated.

I will make a block with an attribute, input 'A1' as the attribute value, then copy the block around.

If I need change 'A1' to 'B1', I will just use command FIND to change it in one go.

Message 3 of 3
ashetonv
in reply to: 3wood

Yeah that is definitely much simpler. I guess I was looking for a way to be able to more easily create a legend as I worked on future projects, but this pretty much does exactly what I need it to. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta