Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 will not open or repair

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
934 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 will not open or repair

My acad LT 2010 stopped working this morning. Never had any problems with this program, ever. Currently running on Windows 10. I had 2 messages pop up. I copied them to PDF, which is attached. but the first one says: Unable to run Autocad LT. die to one of the following reasons: 1- This version of Autocad LT was not installed properly. In this case you may need to reinstall 2 - You do not have sufficient rights to run autocad LT So I when to control panel and tryed to "change the program". Gave me an option to repair and or reinstall. After I hit yes, I get this error message: .NET3.5 is not installed. Autocad LT 2010 cannot be installed without this component. See your system administrator for more information. we dont have an admin. What are my options?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2010 is not supported in Win10: not supported means if Win10 installs an update that breaks an otherwise working software there is no one on the planet working on changing that reality http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X 

.NET3.5 requirement and installation method is explained here (for win8 but the concept is the same) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/NET-3-5-error-when-insta...

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

If you just recently updated from Win7/8 to Win10, then revert back to eliminate this problem. As @pendean says, LT2010 is not supported on Win10.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did the NET 3.5 install as suggested and I can open the program again.  Thanks.

Guess, I need to upgrade to subscription versions soon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators