Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 will not open or repair

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
980 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2010 will not open or repair

My acad LT 2010 stopped working this morning. Never had any problems with this program, ever. Currently running on Windows 10. I had 2 messages pop up. I copied them to PDF, which is attached. but the first one says: Unable to run Autocad LT. die to one of the following reasons: 1- This version of Autocad LT was not installed properly. In this case you may need to reinstall 2 - You do not have sufficient rights to run autocad LT So I when to control panel and tryed to "change the program". Gave me an option to repair and or reinstall. After I hit yes, I get this error message: .NET3.5 is not installed. Autocad LT 2010 cannot be installed without this component. See your system administrator for more information. we dont have an admin. What are my options?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2010 is not supported in Win10: not supported means if Win10 installs an update that breaks an otherwise working software there is no one on the planet working on changing that reality http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X 

.NET3.5 requirement and installation method is explained here (for win8 but the concept is the same) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/NET-3-5-error-when-insta...

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

If you just recently updated from Win7/8 to Win10, then revert back to eliminate this problem. As @pendean says, LT2010 is not supported on Win10.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I did the NET 3.5 install as suggested and I can open the program again.  Thanks.

Guess, I need to upgrade to subscription versions soon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report