Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will viewbase command work in standalone autocad without Inventor?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
498 Views, 5 Replies

Will viewbase command work in standalone autocad without Inventor?

Hi everyone,

just a quick question about a point that was raised at work. One of the guys at work seems to think that viewbase command wont work without Inventor and I thought I'll double check and see if anyone can confirm or advise otherwise.

Cheers

Elroy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

What AutoCAD version are you with?

IMO it depends on the AutoCAD version you have. AFAIK "viewbase" is an AutoCAD native command and it works with my v2016.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Viewbase  command and since ( AutoCAD 2012 ) can creates a base view from model space or Autodesk Inventor models. there is no need ( as a must ) for an Inventor program but it has the ability to work with Inventor Models . also you have to know that this command is available only on 64-bit systems.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BeKirra

We use APDSU '15 release. We want to mix up our current available licenses with a few AEC options. In the AEC suite we wont have Inventor, but we will have AutoCAD included in the suite. From what I can tell on the forums it's been available since 2012. Its a command borrowed from Inventor but I wouldn't have thought it would be Inventor dependant. I've tried it a few years ago, but found it limited compared to Inventor.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks for the response. I didn't think so, but thought I'll double check before I say anything. We'll try it out on a standalone AutoCAD install. Thanks for the pointing out that the command is only available on 64-bit machine. 

Message 6 of 6
BeKirra
in reply to: imadHabash

Yes, it is good to know this command is only available on x64 system. Cheers.

(I also remember it is not available in v2011.)

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta