Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Click DWG files and Open the Correct Application but Wrong Icon.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
laikuntaoALZN5
392 Views, 3 Replies

Double Click DWG files and Open the Correct Application but Wrong Icon.

My computer has installed both "AutoCAD 2023" and "AutoCAD Map 3D 2023".

After double-clicking the dwg files, I found the AutoCAD 2023 was openning, but the taskbar icon was shown as the AutoCAD Map 3D 2023 application.

How could I fix it? Thx for help!

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: laikuntaoALZN5

What does the program window look like when it is fully open, do you see plain AutoCAD or Map3D? that might explain your query here better for us.

Read this from Autodesk if the program that opens in NOT the one you want opened https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Double...

Message 3 of 4
laikuntaoALZN5
in reply to: pendean

when it is fully open,the plain autocad shows up. however, the taskbar shows the map3d icon.

laikuntaoALZN5_0-1670515767055.png

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: laikuntaoALZN5

The program that opens is all that matters. Try going through the link I provided to you from my earlier reply to that Autodesk document to fix files associations, then you need to open MAP first, open your DWG file, confirm it is all working, QSAVE and close that file then close the program, then test it all again by double-clicking on a DWG file.

yes it is a long process, this is your computer and you will need to configure it to work correctly since it appears Autodesk failed to do so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta