Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2025 LAYER SEARCH IN PROPERTIES MANAGER

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
clomedico
261 Views, 5 Replies

AUTOCAD 2025 LAYER SEARCH IN PROPERTIES MANAGER

When searching for a layer in layer properties manager in AutoCAD 2025.  turning of a layer will reset the search to blank and you have to type in your search function again to get back to it.  please fix to not remove seach functions till reset as it was in 2024

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
clomedico
in reply to: clomedico

after a little testing this only appears to be happening when your searching in a xref for a layer

Message 3 of 6
cadffm

Hi,

I can't reproduce this on a updated ACAD2025.

Try it again with new files. Restart ACAD first.

If it is still an issue, share a screencast if possible.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
clomedico
in reply to: cadffm

I added to it did you see you have to select an xref first to search within? also I see it happening in papers pace when in a viewport to turn of said layer in that viewport.

Message 5 of 6
cadffm

@clomedico wrote:

I added to it did you see you have to select an xref first to search within? also I see it happening in papers pace when in a viewport to turn of said layer in that viewport.

I missunderstood your doing and issue.

Sorry, I can't follow you.

Step by step explaination with commandnames and more would help.

Best case: Screencast to share your steps with all of us.

Nothing attached

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
pendean

@clomedico wrote:

When searching for a layer...  please fix to not remove seach functions till reset as it was in 2024

If you find AutoCAD2024 meets your needs today, then roll back then Here are ways to open a support case with Autodesk to report your 2025 findings for a future fix, no one here is Autodesk (everyone is an end user like you):
https://www.autodesk.com/support/account/manage/use/support#:~:text=com/plans.-,Contact%20support,-S... 

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta