AutoCAD 2023 - Data extraction bug

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
chincock
847 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD 2023 - Data extraction bug

Hello,

These days I meet a very annoying issue when using dataextraction. I have drawn a B-spline line and divided it into 2000 segments. Then, I am using dataextraction to export all the coordinates of the segments. Most of the coordinates are correct except for several points. The incorrect data locate between the 304 and 306 of the X-coordinate, in which many coordinates don't belong to the B-spline are also extracted. In this region, the Y-coordinate should be monotonically increasing rather than fluctuating. The .dwg file is attached.  Please also kindly check the screenshot.

This issue is also presented in the latest 2023 version of AutoCAD. The OS is Windows 11 22H2 x64.

I very much appreciate it if you can give any help.

Snipaste_2022-12-05_15-35-51.png

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: dataextraction bug ]

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: chincock

The issue isn't about the accuracy but rather about their wrong order. Your points were created in the right order (along the spline), but your DE export does not respect the order of creation for some reason - unless you've sorted them in the process...

Message 3 of 15
chincock
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

As you can see in the screenshot, the data has been sorted with respect to the first column along the spline.

Message 4 of 15
cadffm

Hi,

>>"Most of the coordinates are correct except for several points. The incorrect data locate between the 304 and 306 of the X-coordinate,"

No, ALL data are correct!

>>"the Y-coordinate should be monotonically increasing rather than fluctuating."

Check the data for the point where your eyes on and you will see the " monotonically increasing".

>>"The .dwg file is attached. Please also kindly check the screenshot.2

Thanks, the best way to share informations, digital data 🙂

>>"This issue is also presented in the latest 2023 version of AutoCAD. The OS is Windows 11 22H2 x64."

I can't see any issue, but I think your problem is: You expect the points in a special order,

the creation order of the POINTs!

But your DXE is set up to use another order, the X-Pos value as Order)

If you used "object selection" method, you selected the wrong way.

If you used the option to exytract the whole drawing, you changed the order on page5

Sebastian

Message 5 of 15
cadffm

@ВeekeeCZ 

"but the DE does not respect this order of creation "

It does!

@chincock 

You are right, but you should re-think your own word and perhaps you have to check your dwg data again

"the data has been sorted with respect to the first column"

Your points forming a curve like a "S"  not just a single curve!

It sounds you don't know your data in that DWG,

if you would draw a polyline from point to point,

you would cross the X-Position xxx.xxxx 3 times!

the issue isn't dataextraction, the issue is your spline or devide process.

(we can not check the spine or devide process, your DWG contains the resulted points only.)

Sebastian

Message 6 of 15
chincock
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks a lot.

The original spline is attached. The divide of the spline is implemented with the DIVIDE command and the number 2000.

Message 7 of 15
ВeekeeCZ

@cadffm  I know, just describing his issue. Rephrased. But it's all yours.

Message 8 of 15
chincock

@cadffm
"It sounds you don't know your data in that DWG, if you would draw a polyline from point to point, you would cross the X-Position xxx.xxxx 3 times!"
Yes, the spline is created by 16 CVs. I want to export the coordinates of points of this spline and reuse them for doing some calculations in postprocessing.
Message 9 of 15
cadffm

Of course

but it has nothing to do with the dataextract command, your export informations are right!

Your points in DWG are wrong IF the spline is correct.

We can not check the spline and we can not check the divide result, because don't have your spline 😉

Sebastian

Message 10 of 15
chincock

@cadffm Can you see the attachment in post 6 of this thread? I have attached the DWG of the original spline.
Message 11 of 15
ВeekeeCZ

@cadffm wrote:

Of course

but it has nothing to do with the dataextract command, your export informations are right!

Your points in DWG are wrong IF the spline is correct.

We can not check the spline and we can not check the divide result, because don't have your spline 😉

I checked the order of the points before. It's correct.

The issue is definitely about the DXE process. Wrong (manual) selection, manually sorted, or... the bug.

@chincock do you get the wrong result if you let the DXE to export that automatically? No user interference. All points, no sorting.

Message 12 of 15
cadffm

Yes,

now we can see: The Points are correct! => Dataextraction is also correct!

Is the spline corrcet? This question can be answered by you only.

See my picture, I used THE SAME X-Postion, but I used much lower Y-distance from point to point

to show you how you spline and points looks like:

CADffm_0-1670243925736.png

And If you say the spline is correct, the answer of your issue is already answer above.

Read BeeKeeCZ answer, or this part of my post:

"You expect the points in a special order,

the creation order of the POINTs!

But your DXE is set up to use another order, the X-Pos value as Order)

If you used "object selection" method, you selected the wrong way.

If you used the option to exytract the whole drawing, you changed the order on page5"

Create a new DXE file:

Open your first file from this post.

Command DATAEXTRACT, new dxe file

ignore page2

page3: deselect all except POINT

page4: deselect all except XYZ Position,

page5: Don't change anything and check the data.

No issue, or?

go to page 6 and 7 to create a table or xls file.

Sebastian

Message 13 of 15
chincock

@cadffm
Thanks. I can produce the right result with your help in post 12.

It seems that I have found where the issue is. Since in my original operation of the DE process on its page 6, I don't want the counter and name columns so I deselect the last two options. However, during these deselections the DE automatically resorts the data with respect to the first column, leading to this issue. You can try whether it will reproduce or not.

Furthermore, when the aforementioned automatical resort is triggered, you have to click the "column resort option" button and directly click on the OK button without any change in that window, then the data change back to their default order. Really confused.

Snipaste_2022-12-05_21-05-54.png

spline-DE.gif

Message 14 of 15
Patchy

This drawing may help you track the points and coordinates.

Message 15 of 15
chincock
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy
Wow, it is splendid.
How to number the points and label their coordinates as you have done? Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report