AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting blocks from metric to imperial units

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
460 Views, 3 Replies

Converting blocks from metric to imperial units

Hello,

I have encountered an issue while trying to convert blocks created in metric system (mm) to imperial units.

I was looking for some answers in the knowledge data base and found some answers, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thing is, when for instance I am trying to use command "-dwgunits" that was recommended for this type issue, ale the blocks that have dynamic functions are afterwards either destroyed or scaled wrongly. Is there a way to overcome this?

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Leave blocks alone and explore using INSUNITS settings to control how AutoCAD imports content that are of different scale https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...

Otherwise you should really recreate the blocks for a new "imperial" library from scratch.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I was trying to do so, but didn't help much...I came across also this info: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-c...

Looks like dynamic blocks are not supported by INSUNITS... or am I getting it wrong?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, that is correct too.

I guess you'll need to rely on manual scaling or creating a new imperial library of your custom dynamic blocks to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta