AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When selecting shows the boundaries, not the hatches

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
583 Views, 6 Replies

When selecting shows the boundaries, not the hatches

Why is the boundaries showing when I select hatch.  I have made sure that all lines connect.  I tried to simulate another drawing that I had no problem with the hatches.  Thank you  Very frustrated

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Hatches can have boundaries: that is controlled during creation, and can be edited out if needed with HATCHEDIT command.
Are you very new to AutoCAD, or perhaps you are talking about something else but used the wrong terminology? Please explain.
Message 3 of 7
David_W_Koch

If your Hatch is associative (dynamically updates when the boundary element(s) are modified) and the two bit of the PICKSTYLE System Variable is set, then when you select the Hatch, the boundary element(s) will also be selected.

You can check whether the two bit is set by typing OPTIONS at the command line, and then pressing the ENTER key.  In the Options dialog, on the Selection tab, in the Selection modes area, look for the Associative Hatch toggle.  If it is checked, the two bit is set, and selecting an associative Hatch will select the bounding item(s).  If it is unchecked, then the two bit is not set, and bounding item(s) will not be selected when an associative Hatch is selected.

2020-08-06_Options_Selection_SelectionModes_AssociativeHatch.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes I am very new to the Autocad software.  I am a Environmental Health and Safety Manager/Chemist.  Not an engineer.  Trying to update and create our evacuation drawings that were done in 2013.  Unfortunately, my company is not able to purchase the software so I am trying to get everything done during the 30 day trial.  I found that one part of the diagram goes from 171' to 1.25+3 and I think that is definitely out of the boundary.  And that is where I was trying the hatches.  How do I fix that? And how did it get like that?  I appreciate all the help you can provide.  Thank you

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Are you able to share your DWG file here for someone to look at? Point to the area in question and the hatch with the boundary.

TIA
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

here is my latest file. I deleted all the lines at the top  because they were in a larger Scale?  If you go to the top slowly with your mouse you can see the scale on the status line jump.  But the area is still at a different scale?  Doe it have to do with using feet instead of inches? or visa versa?  It didn't solve the hatch issue.  I appreciate your help and guidance.  Thank you

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

found why it was different scales, part of the diagram was engineering and other part Architectural.  Still no hatches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report