AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting blocks from metric to imperial units

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
429 Views, 3 Replies

Converting blocks from metric to imperial units

Hello,

I have encountered an issue while trying to convert blocks created in metric system (mm) to imperial units.

I was looking for some answers in the knowledge data base and found some answers, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thing is, when for instance I am trying to use command "-dwgunits" that was recommended for this type issue, ale the blocks that have dynamic functions are afterwards either destroyed or scaled wrongly. Is there a way to overcome this?

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Leave blocks alone and explore using INSUNITS settings to control how AutoCAD imports content that are of different scale https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...

Otherwise you should really recreate the blocks for a new "imperial" library from scratch.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I was trying to do so, but didn't help much...I came across also this info: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-c...

Looks like dynamic blocks are not supported by INSUNITS... or am I getting it wrong?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, that is correct too.

I guess you'll need to rely on manual scaling or creating a new imperial library of your custom dynamic blocks to use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report