Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

129 REPLIES 129
SOLVED
Message 1 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
18745 Views, 129 Replies

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

Dear community,

has anyone heard or seen anything about Advance Steel 2024, which will probably-hopefully be released in the 2nd quarter of this year?

Edit:

What do you think of Advance Steel and the competition overall?

One for all, all for one ...

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
129 REPLIES 129
Message 121 of 130
atahir
in reply to: pinnacledrafting

we moved to Tekla, and it's night and day 

program is better and the company behind it is miles betters than Autodesk especially when it comes to support and improvements 

Message 122 of 130
atahir
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

The funny thing is they didn't do a "what's new in Advance Steel 2024" this year, cause they have nothing done

Message 123 of 130
Julio_Soto
in reply to: atahir

how much is a Tekla license?

Message 124 of 130

Double AS licence..
The program is alsof or concrete, wood etc.
The biggest problem is the interface.
If you go from AS to Tekla you notice a total lac of logic.
But once all you need is set , by i money consuming companie', is is not bad at all.
For steel alone i wil stick to AS as long as i can.
My second licence will be tekla for concrete

Message 125 of 130
mwwm

To be honest, pricing is a significant factor to consider when deciding on software, and the ACAD platform is also a valid concern (existing data compatibility and learning curve of team).

I am really looking forward the release of more third-party add-ons for AS in Autodesk Store. The ability to customize software is crucial, and both Autodesk and third-party developers should focus on providing such options. However, the motivation to develop such add-ons will depend on the size of the user group.

Despite its capabilities, not many people are familiar with AS as compared to ACAD or Revit. As a user of different 3D modelling software, such as ACAD, Advance Steel, SolidWorks, MicroStation, OpenRoads, C3D, Revit and even Sketchup, I can confidently say that I enjoy using AS so far and see its potential. However, I believe that Autodesk should focus more attention on this software, rather than just treat it as a detailing add-on for Revit. From the lack of market advertising and the inability for users to purchase AS (only AEC collection, or from resellers) directly through the official website, it is clear that more attention needs to be paid to promoting and improving AS.

Not sure what role Graitec is acting now....

Message 126 of 130
Lewk_PSB

Long time AutoDesk user here, steel detailer for 17+ years, been lurking in the forums for the past few weeks...

I see where AD is trying to go with "full automation" in the future of developing projects, and it's a neat idea - it's just that, though. An idea. There is so much of the minutiae that gets overlooked when you try to paint with such broad strokes.

I do hope that there can be some kind of salvation from Graitec in this. A big part of me wishes that currently there are a bunch of closed doors discussions between the two. Learning Advance Steel was like learning a new language at first, and now that I'm fluent in it I shudder to think that there'll be nobody left who speaks it.

Message 127 of 130
EricOlson1973
in reply to: Lewk_PSB

So very well put. The future is very murky right now, and it chills me.
Message 128 of 130

Dear Community,

many months ago, not only based on market developments, we decided to develop our own real 3D CAD for our industry. As it uses direct input from our own static program, it is the most perfect solution for us. We will still be using Advance Steel in the background before we fully transition to our system. I wish everyone who is switching to another CAD a happy choice and much success. As the classic says, change is the only constant in the universe. Stay strong and healthy...

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 129 of 130
Julio_Soto

Who's we?

Message 130 of 130

me and my breadwinner 👍🤠

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report