Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

129 REPLIES 129
SOLVED
Message 1 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
16889 Views, 129 Replies

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

Dear community,

has anyone heard or seen anything about Advance Steel 2024, which will probably-hopefully be released in the 2nd quarter of this year?

Edit:

What do you think of Advance Steel and the competition overall?

One for all, all for one ...

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
129 REPLIES 129
Message 101 of 130

Advancing Capabilities for Steel Detailing and Design in BIM

Does anyone have the original version from April 29, 2023, just for reference, for comparison?

One cannot be saddened by a promise in every case 😉😎

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 103 of 130

maintenance = removal of existing long-standing errors and bugs?

Message 104 of 130
acbsdesign
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

@bigcarl5000kg 

No, only oil change and a cabin filter.

The engine air filter is optional.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 105 of 130

We hope Autodesk listens to us. And I'm not just looking at the profit.

Message 106 of 130

Maintenance mode under subscriptions = ??? Like a invisible leasing car in a garage?

Autodesk please explain to us your intentions!

Many thanks in advance

Message 107 of 130
FCort

Posting a critical announcement about Advance Steel on a Revit blog reflects the "care" AD has on AS and the lack of respect to the AS users!!!

Message 108 of 130
pinnacledrafting
in reply to: FCort

What revit blog are you referring to?
Message 109 of 130
fcorte
in reply to: pinnacledrafting
Message 110 of 130
pinnacledrafting
in reply to: fcorte

Oh, I thought you were talking about a different blog. Thanks for straightening me out!
Message 111 of 130

Screenshot_20230406_211913_LinkedIn.jpg

Prima apparizione... 

Message 112 of 130

Screenshot_20230406_211913_LinkedIn.jpg

Ci siamo.. vedremo le novità.. 

Message 113 of 130
produkcja
in reply to: acbsdesign

I feel like it's an oil change without a filter every year.
Message 114 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: produkcja

Happy Easter Monday:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirement...

Message 115 of 130
RyanF5E

So this is what we've been waiting for?

A few bug fixes completed by the intern last week maybe? At least my £3k annual subscription is getting good ROI.

What's New in Advance Steel 2024
Release Notes
  • Modified the German General Arrangement Drawing Styles to include both cold rolled and hot rolled purlins in details.
  • Upgraded the SQLLocalDB version used by Advance Steel for its content databases to SQLLocalDB2019.
  • Fixed an issue where holes were placed incorrectly in the Ayrshire CAM output.
  • Removed some obsolete icons from the Advance Steel ribbon.
  • Fixed an issue where additional holes were created on a folded plate when the folded plate relation was deleted.
  • Improved the documentation with changes required for Visual Studio 2022.
  • Fixed untranslated strings in the German BOM Templates.
  • Fixed an issue where marked arrows were invisible when using the Fast Shaded mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the page frame disappeared when the prototype was changed from the detail.
  • Fixed an issue where tapered beams, poly beams, and grids were not selected in a camera object selection when the system variable STARTUP was set to 0.
  • Fixed an issue where the Convert Databases tool from Management Tools failed to convert an .mdb file to an .mdf file.
  • When a database saved with SQLLocalDB 2014 (the SQL version used by previous Advance Steel releases) is opened using the Table Editor in Management Tools, a copy is created in the same location as the original and then the original is converted to SQLLocalDB 2019. The copy is named the same as the database plus the suffix "_backup" and can still be opened with SQLLocalDB 2014.
  • Fixed the display of preferred weld preparation values in the weld properties window.
  • Changed the 3D wireframe visual representation for the German model template to display hidden lines during Orbit.
  • Fixed an issue where the value of the gap width of a contour processing was automatically taken from the previously created contour processing.
  • Fixed an issue where the arrow head was left behind when removing one of the leaders of a multi-leader weld symbol, if using arrow head types other than "Closed filled".
  • Improved the precision of the angle value for polar array copying when using the Advance Copy tool.
  • Fixed the resizing behavior of 2 windows from the Drawing Styles interface: the Dimension points selection dialog and the View selection dialog.
  • Fixed the shear studs ability to preserve the values assigned to Model roles upon creation as default values.
  • Fixed an issue where Shear Studs did not have access to the shear-studs specific model roles.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when doing various actions at the same time with Autosave.
  • Fixed an issue where the memory and time consumption was very high when using the "show only selected assemblies" command.
  • Improved the description for Main Part Total Amount token in BOM lists.
  • Fixed an issue where Advance Steel crashed after expanding the Details node from Document Manager.
  • Fixed a crash when editing the object list in the rollover tooltip customization menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the program froze when selecting a deleted element from the clash check panel.
  • Fixed an issue where the Advance Steel Object Enabler sometimes caused Navisworks to crash when loading Advance Steel files.
Message 116 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: RyanF5E

No, this is a well-aimed joke 😎 ... or solutions from the drawer

don't give Money for Nothing ... and I say NO to R.E.V.I.T.a.l.i.z.a.t.i.o.n. of Advance Steel

Message 117 of 130
atahir

Since Advance Steel was acquired by Autodesk, there were little to no improvements to the program
the same thing with Robot, Autodesk kills any software
if both programs would've stayed with their original creators they would've been a blast by now
Our company is not going to renew the Advance Steel and the Robot subscriptions anymore since we already moved to something better, programs that have better customer support and better development teams in general  

Message 118 of 130
FCort
in reply to: atahir

You are 100% correct.
With Graitec the Advance-Steel standalone version could be now like Tekla or even better!!
Message 119 of 130
mwwm

Robot....

Only example I can see it is C3D is getting better after they purchased.

Message 120 of 130
pinnacledrafting

@atahir, what software did you move  onto? Just curious as I ponder what I'm going to do next.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report