Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

129 REPLIES 129
SOLVED
Message 1 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
18446 Views, 129 Replies

Advance Steel 2024 - what does it look like, what are the known informations?

Dear community,

has anyone heard or seen anything about Advance Steel 2024, which will probably-hopefully be released in the 2nd quarter of this year?

Edit:

What do you think of Advance Steel and the competition overall?

One for all, all for one ...

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
129 REPLIES 129
Message 61 of 130
acbsdesign
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

If I may add why detailer should not be involved with material nesting-very often companies use material on the floor that is left over from previous projects. 

They keep inventory records and use them when possible.

Also-very often a larger angle for example may be used in lieu of a smaller size for clips if the project allows.

Some companies have std clips let's say L4x4x5/16, but design dwgs show L3.5x3.5x5/16, most likely fabricator would use the ready available L4x4.

So for me to give them a list that will end up unused in 90% of the time does not make sense.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 62 of 130
acbsdesign

@bigcarl5000kg 

So the latest and the greatest I heard twice this week:

Folks are fed up with a rising cost for subscriptions and lousy, very lousy development not only here, but also for the competition.

It is happening everywhere.

And both companies will start developing new software with a fixed cost to purchase,

DONE BY DETAILERS FOR DETAILERS.

If everything goes well I told one of them to put me on the list.

Dear Autodesk-start listening to the users.

Please.

P.S.:

Adim-this is per ground rules.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,

Message 63 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: acbsdesign

If all management bonuses were regulated to the normal level of a normal worker, not only would there be many millions (billions) left for development but also for new developers...

I believe that in a few years we would not only receive peanuts, but really advanced software

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 64 of 130
acbsdesign

6 and a half figure only to insert the two words "BIM" and "Collaboration" in front of the big boss.

You got this right.

Regards,

Message 65 of 130

@acbsdesign,

you mean Build Investment Money  ... and "Collaboration" as cooperation with the enemy? I haven't found any other equivalents on Google

Message 66 of 130
acbsdesign

@bigcarl5000kg 

The truth is folks are fed up.

Everywhere, not just here.

When there is an energy excessive in same direction it moves everything around.

This applies for boiling water.

Applies for moving objects too. 

One tries to sell, another one tries to get most if it.

First one falls asleep, second one goes somewhere else.

Regards,

Message 67 of 130

@acbsdesign,

the law of conservation of energy must also apply here - products are neither created nor destroyed, they are only transformed into another form

Message 68 of 130
acbsdesign

Yes, this is what I am always saying, no one will kill a product with invested thousands or even millions of man-hours.

Regards,

Message 69 of 130
fcorte

I hope I am wrong, but it looks like Graitec make better improvements in less time on Advance Steel than Autodesk. What is your opinion about it? 

Message 70 of 130
acbsdesign

@fcorte 

I downloaded it, worked for 3.5 hours and returned the license. Wouldn’t comment here why.

Do I believe same old staff can do better in 10 years?
No.

Regards,

Message 71 of 130

I would prefer to see this managed in the design authoring tool rather than kick the problem down the road.  Another justification would be for the smaller workshops which AdS would be a target market aren't going to have the BeamLine infrastructure of the large operations.  Material length summary is rough number for ordering of material, providing documentation to those that cut and process steel manually would be of great value. 

Message 72 of 130
iegia
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Message 73 of 130

Hi @iegia,

many thanks for the link ... I didn't expect Autodesk to cut the development completely (a car standing in the garage is not worth operating), in that case the transfer to Advance Steel 2024 is not necessary at all ... they can safely pay for this version out of their own pocket (if they actually invested in some peanuts). Those who still have a version before the introduction of named licenses and older ones can profit from this for a long time.

In any case, it will greatly benefit Graitec and other third parties (the question is how long).

To the self named product manager - if you hide your head from problems in sand, it always explodes sooner or later ... wait to be surprised from the smarter users / solutions, it will come in the first half of this year. Revit will always remain a low level solution.

Subscription can be understood as a targeted tool to discourage users from using a paid product ... in this case, certainly. 

Users, keep your versions of Advance Steel without subscription .... not much has changed anyway.

PS: It would certainly be interesting to know how long the maintenance at Advance Steel will be running before access is completely cut off

Message 74 of 130
Flies-Eyes

The writing was on the wall years ago.
Message 75 of 130
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: iegia

Didn't even need a Safe Habour statement to see that bomb coming. I am not convinced Autodesk actually understand what defines BIM.
Message 76 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Hi @Flies-Eyes,

Build Investment Money  ... perhaps for future unnecessary SW

Message 77 of 130

maybe it's just backwards... Man In Black

Message 78 of 130
acbsdesign

And here goes the ignorance if folks not knowing what they are doing.

And to rely on Graitec for future improvements?

LOL

Regards,

Message 79 of 130
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: acbsdesign

The fate was already decided in 2020 (controlled destruction), they needed to collect some small money for R.e.v.i.t.a.l.i.z.a.t.i.o.n.

Message 80 of 130

It could end up like football in Italy, currently up to 80% of subscribers want to cancel their subscriptions due to a problem with Juventus Torino

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report