Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Perpetual Future

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stevenD3ZZG
361 Views, 6 Replies

AS Perpetual Future

Hi,

I have seen some of the various posts on the forum relating to the future of AS.

As a new user of this software, I love it and totally concur with the posts I see from experienced users highly endorsing AS.

I have a perpetual AS2018 licence.

Will I be able to continue using it to do work 5 / 10 and longer years down the line?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: stevenD3ZZG

👍

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 7
Lewk_PSB

Not sure if AS2018 has this, but it may need to always have an internet connection to check the license. If so, then it's really up to AutoDesk to honor their end so you can continue to use it. "Perpetual" has a different definition to software companies.

Message 4 of 7
Dias_Antonio

Yes, of course....but not with changes and implementation from 2018 until 2023 

- Marque "Aceitar como Solução", caso tenha resolvido seu problema.

- Select "Accept as Solution", if it has soplved the problem.

- Clique em "Curtir" se a resposta ajudou.

- Click on "like" if the answer helped.

Antonio Dias

|Linkedin|Instagram|Facebook|Twitter|YouTube|

Colaborador da Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk Brasil

Message 5 of 7
Julio_Soto

I'd read the terms of service for what you purchased. I imagine AD has a clause in there where they can rescind the deal.  Remember, when you "purchase" software you don't own it. What you've purchased is a license to use it. This is typical for most, if not all software. 

Message 6 of 7
iwafb

We had a similar issue when Bentley decided to force Autocad users of ProSteel into the PowerStructures product. We had perpetual licenses and stayed on an old version for a few years. The issue was that, whilst you can definitely keep using the software, Autodesk have a 3 version (if i remember correctly) lifecycle. Where this becomes a problem, is if you get a new PC 3 or 4 years from now. In that you may not be able to validate your version (ADSK will not provide a key).

It was an expensive lesson for Bentley, as it led to the demise of ProSteel and users turned elsewhere...

Message 7 of 7
Julio_Soto
in reply to: iwafb

We came from Prosteel. About 30 users in 4 offices 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report