Update blocks & attributes LISP

48 REPLIES 48
SOLVED
Message 1 of 49
Anonymous
19300 Views, 48 Replies

Update blocks & attributes LISP

Hey guys,

I'm new in this forum and l would need your help.

I'm using a blocklibrary, where I stored all my blocks, most of them have attributes.

Now I'd like to simplify my workflow and want to update the blocks that I inserted in a drawing trough LISP.

Is there a way to update all  inserted blocks and attributes of the whole drawing a once? The idea is, that the LISP checks the whole blocklibrary and updates the inserted blocks that to not match with the once from the library.

thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
krazeymike
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there anyway to modify this Routine for blocks within the current drawing rather than within a directory path?

This issue I have is that importing a drawing file ignores duplicate block definitions which I then have to force redefine by re-inserting the drawing and then running an attsync for the dynamic blocks to update.

Message 42 of 49
ec-cad
in reply to: krazeymike

Krazeymike,

Yes, untested, but should work. Just changed the 'dir to be (getvar "dwgprefix").

;; Posted: 09-13-2013 by Lee Mac
;; Redefine All Blocks  -  Lee Mac
;; Modified by ECCAD - 06-16-2024 for 'Krazeymike'
;; Changes:
;;  Changed 'dir to be Current Folder
;;

(defun c:redefall ( / bln dir doc dwg lst obj org spc )

;;;    (setq dir "I:\\AutoCAD Blöcke\\Template\\Support") ;; Directory of Block Library; nil to use Support Path
    (setq dir (getvar "dwgprefix")); Includes the "\\" on the end.

(if dir
        (setq dir (strcat (vl-string-right-trim "\\" (vl-string-translate "/" "\\" dir)) "\\"))
        (setq dir "")
    )
    (cond
        (   (= 4 (logand 4 (cdr (assoc 70 (tblsearch "layer" (getvar 'clayer))))))
            (princ "\nCurrent layer locked.")
        )
        (   (setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))
                  spc (vla-get-modelspace doc)
                  org (vlax-3D-point 0 0)
            )
            (terpri)
            (vlax-for blk (vla-get-blocks doc)
                (if
                    (and
                        (= :vlax-false (vla-get-isxref blk))
                        (= :vlax-false (vla-get-islayout blk))
                        (not (wcmatch (setq bln (vla-get-name blk)) "`**,*|*"))
                    )
                    (if (setq dwg (findfile (strcat dir bln ".dwg")))
                        (progn
                            (princ (strcat "Redefining block: " dwg "\n"))
                            (setq obj (vla-insertblock spc org dwg 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0))
                            (if (= :vlax-true (vla-get-hasattributes obj))
                                (setq lst (vl-list* "," bln lst))
                            )
                            (vla-delete obj)
                        )
                        (princ (strcat "Unable to locate block: " dir bln ".dwg\n"))
                    )
                )
            )
            (if lst
                (progn
                    (princ "Synchronising attributes for redefined blocks...\n")
                    (vl-cmdf "_.attsync" "_N" (apply 'strcat (cdr lst)))
                )
            )
            (textscr)
            (vla-regen doc acallviewports)
        )
    )
    (princ)
)
(vl-load-com) (princ)
;; end of File

ECCAD

Message 43 of 49
krazeymike
in reply to: ec-cad

Thankyou for this,

Seems to work but when I import a DXF the block does not show at all even after running this command.

I still can't seem to find a way around having to re-insert the DXF to force Redefine for my current blocks to show.

I posted a video on this thread here so you can see what I mean.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/please-help-with-lisp-for-dxf-import...

Thanks for your help

Message 44 of 49
ec-cad

Your prior question:

"Is there anyway to modify this Routine for blocks within the current drawing rather than within a directory path?"

You didn't mention any dxf type files. Viewing your video, seems you can manually do what you need,

if it's a case of 'automating' those procedures, I wouldn't have a clue as how to do that, given the fact

that you are inserting a dxf that can have (many) blocks, and the Lisp I pointed you to, doesn't even

look for .dxf type of files. So, sorry, I cannot help.

ECCAD

Message 45 of 49
krazeymike

Thanks for the reply ECCAD,
All my blocks are .dwg files. The issue is that we export a .dxf from the Survey Program (Magnet Office).
I have to essentially insert it twice to prompt the "Redefine Block" option.
Then after exploding I have to run an attsync on these blocks and set their scales back to one.
Just looking for an easier way that's all.

Message 46 of 49
Sea-Haven

I thought "(Magnet Office)" had a export to dwg rather than DXF. Are you sure its not there. Ex Topcon employee.

SeaHaven_0-1721619310746.png

Message 47 of 49
krazeymike

Yes you're right that it does still have the export to dwg option.
However the drawing type doesn't seem to be the issue.
When exporting as dwg I still have to delete the import and then re-insert from recent blocks to "Redefine" it.
Otherwise the command line shows "Duplicate definition of block ignored".

It's these definitions that I want to redefine upon insert. Then attsync them and set their scales back to 1.

Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.

The video I posted here is exactly the same no matter if I export a dxf or dwg from Magnet
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/please-help-with-lisp-for-dxf-import...

Message 48 of 49
Sea-Haven

@krazeymike I make extensive changes to the Magnet dwg, one being to delete the Point_cross, what is probably easier is to replace this block with a new one using lisp. Say with invisible attributes. You can check if new block exists if not entmake so no need to read from another dwg. Then erase each Point_cross. The other is to make a COGO point of the point cross so no longer needed. Thats if your going to do stuff in CIV3D. 

The image of the point_cross was always a bit over powering.

I changed some of the linetypes, convert civilcad blocks to bylayer properties, converted objects to Z=0, plus more.

If you post the block you want to use to replace Point_cross can do something for you.

Message 49 of 49
krazeymike

The block is already in the "Sample Template Model.dwg" found here.

It's named identically to the Magnet "POINT_CROSS".
So the Magnet.dxf is the vanilla POINT_CROSS and the Template has my custom version destined to overwrite it.

I have a few variations of this Point Cross drawing depending on what template we are using. So my method is always to superceed the Magnet block by redefining it in whichever template we import it into.

Some POINT_CROSS blocks are modified to display Z values and others simply for attribute data like point numbers etc.

Hopefully I've explained this properly 🙂 Thanks for the help

Maybe we should start moving replies over to the other thread 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta