SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open my tif...

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
1864 Views, 23 Replies

can't open my tif...

Every sketch I have are on tif and sketchbook can't open them. I didn't had this problem before, it happened for the first time yesterday and now I can't open any of my work. I restarted my computer and even uninstall and reinstall sketchbook just to make sure. When I try to open files, every time it's written something like loading... it stop around 10% and after 5 minutes sketchbook shut down. I really have no idea what's going on...

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same problem here, the tif. files just stopped at around 10% when I tried to open them. Maybe it's because of the latest system updates, I assume. Let's hope someone is working on the bug anyway.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous

Definitely not, several friends of mine are also facing the same problem, and they all have just updated the system... Well, so you know...Hopefully this would be solved soon...

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous

Yess hope so, thank you
Message 6 of 24
david.lau

@Anonymous , @Anonymous 

Once the file has been corrupted and 'saved'. the file will not be recoverable.

I would use the "Save As" command.  That option will save versions of the file.  i.e. Save As, Dragon.tif > File > Save As > Dragon 1.tif > File > Save As > Dragon 2.tif.

It will automatically at a number to the file so that you 'version' it.  You are basically saving your progress....

David Lau
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I got a surface pro and sketchbook (from the microsoft store) and nothing work but I downloaded the version from internet and everything is fine. Probably just a bug from an update...

Message 8 of 24
david.lau

In a bind, you can use the DESKTOP version of SketchBook.  It has more features.

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous

This suggestion is stupid !! We all did this and helps nothing !! Will you post an fix update?

Message 10 of 24
Anonymous

i have the same problem too....

on my surface 4 and pro...

plz made a new update to solve it...Autodesk

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous

@david.lau : But no palm rejection !!!

Stop recommand the desktop version for touch/pen users. Assume that the last version has a huge issue and doesn't work anymore. 

You really have to make a special communication for that issue. You can't let people posting everyday for UWP with no answer at all !

Anyway, see that post for UWP troubles : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/ios-android-uwp-windows-store-update/td-p/8773399

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous

I've got the same problem, i can't open my drawings TIFF files on surface pro ! Can you fix it ?

Message 13 of 24
david.lau

Once a file has been corrupted, it will not open.  If it doesn't open in the DESKTOP or Windows 10 version of SketchBook, I will need this...

....an NFO file from your computer.

Start > Search > Type: msinfo32.exe >  File > Save > Yourname.nfo

Then use DropBox or Google Drive and upload file there and send me the share link via Forum "Email" (in the top corner).

David Lau
Message 14 of 24
david.lau

ALERT:  For users of SketchBook (UWP) that was downloaded from the Windows Store, please change your language to ENGLISH (US) and restart SketchBook after the reboot. Please let us know if this makes SketchBook usable. 

If this solves issue, please let us know the language your device is set at when it’s freezing/crashing.

David Lau
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous

ohhhh thats great!

i changed my languageto English and its worked!!!!!!!Heart

and i used Japanese and Chinese(Taiwan) try to open file or add layer will be freeze@@

so...i thought its a problem with language pack? 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous

Changed language to english.... reboot... still not opening any file

Message 17 of 24
david.lau

It must be English (US).

David Lau
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous

Hi David

are you making fun of me ? I finished my 1st grade 35 years ago.... Smiley LOL

After ENG USA and Reboot...... still blocked at "opening" whatever file i choose

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous

SK.png

Message 20 of 24
Anonymous

I've changed my language from mandarin to English and it worked, for now. Thx.

But I still wonder why there's problem with any other languages anyway...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report