SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

55 REPLIES 55
SOLVED
Message 1 of 56
david.lau
4117 Views, 55 Replies

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

Check out the new features in the post here:

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/sketchbook-update-for-android-ios-and-windows-10/

David Lau
55 REPLIES 55
Message 2 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

are there any features being removed at all? I’ve had a few apps remove features without telling me - support for styluses etc. Please let me know.

Message 3 of 56
Anonymous

Since the latest update, the app keeps hanging on my Windows 10 Surface Pro with i7. App opens fine, but when I open any of my previous work (.tif files), the app crashes. Are there any fixes? I've tried restarting to no avail. 

Message 4 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same problem. Work hard yesterday, try to open my file today and the app crash after a few minutes loading the file. Work on Surface Pro too...

Message 5 of 56
david.lau

@Anonymous 

No features were removed.  We added features.

@Anonymous , @Anonymous 

For Windows Apps, it is really hard to troubleshoot crashing.  I have brought this up with the developers.  It's not the same as a 'old' Windows .exe file. I have 2 suggestions:

a. Use desktop version of SketchBook and disable/enable touch as necessary.

Download: www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Touch:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-windows-10

b Delete the 'temp' file, uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 APP from MS Store.  The only temp file that I can think of is this one:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/window-sketchbook-app-randomly-generates-unknown-file/m-p/8162395

David Lau
Message 6 of 56
Anonymous

Same for me, since the last update I can't open my files and if it's work when I want to add a text (the [T] button) the app crash. I reinstalled it but it still doesn't work.  (I am on Hp pavilion 360)

Do you will fix that soon ? because I need to use right now the app for my work…

Thanks

Message 7 of 56
Anonymous

@david.lau :

• Trying deleting my cache : Don't work
  • Trying uninstall/re install the app : Don't work

Don't want to use the desktop version since there is so many problems on it. That's the reason for using the Windows app. Anyway, since free mode, every updates comes with bugs like this one. This is not professionnal anymore. I'll definitly moving for another app. Too bad for me, having habits on Sketchbook.

Message 8 of 56
Anonymous

Thanks for the help I download the desktop version and it's work but I didn't know this desktop version, I prefer the application is better to use… Too bad !
You will not fix it?

Message 9 of 56
Anonymous

@Anonymous 

The main problem on desktop version is there is no f...ing pen mode (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/pen-only-mode-for-desktop-edition/td-p/8069603). By the way, telling us to disable touch screen isn't a solution. This issue still exist for more than a year !
And he recommand using the Windows app for this huge issue... : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/disable-touch-to-paint-on-sketchbook-desktop/td-p/7738556

So we have to choose between desktop with no pen mode witch is pretty useless for us (with Surface Pro) or Windows App that doesn't work anymore (thanks to the last update).

Finding a solution in one hour : Moving to Krita.

Message 10 of 56
Anonymous

Yes it's too bad. On the desktop version I can use the pen but my hand will draw too but it let just little marks… so I have a little solution for this : use differents layers for delete the marks without touch your sketch or use an artist gant…
Really disappointed ! I liked the app... the desktop version looks old.

I have Krita to but didn't really use I have to learn how to use.

Message 11 of 56
Anonymous

Same problem on my Windows 10 Galaxy book, the app freezes when opening a .tif file then crashes. I tried to create a new file, save it ans open it again, same problem occurs...

Message 12 of 56
mahyarnaud

I have exactly the same problem! very annoying!!!

Message 13 of 56
Anonymous

I just can't use it on my tablet. I can't add mask or anything. Please do something autodesk I use it for my work... 

Message 14 of 56
Anonymous

At the given file location in your link, the temp folder in AC is empty. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Message 15 of 56
Anonymous

No matter what you delete or not, it doesn't help you. The update is broken. You have to wait a fix...

Message 16 of 56
Anonymous

Bonjour,

Avez vous eu une réponse ? J'ai aussi le meme problème et c'est vraiment embetant. 

Message 17 of 56
Anonymous

Aucune réponse depuis la mise à jour. Au départ, on nous a dit d'effacer le cache de l'appli et de désinstaller réinstaller. En réalité ça ne sert à rien, c'est côté appli. Elle n'est plus utilisable depuis la maj 5.0. 

On a pas de nouvelles, on ne sait pas si ils s'en occupent ou pas. La ou c'est navrant c'est que les majs ne sont pas testées visiblement. Ce n'est pas un problème hardware, tous les gens utilisant l'app ont le même problème.

La seule solution proposée c'est "passez sur la version desktop". Oui mais non, celle ci n'a pas de mode crayon, hors on est sur tactile pour la plupart donc ça en sert à rien. Et quand tu le dis, on te dis "passez sur la version Windows app", qui ne marche plus donc. Bref on est pris pour des cons... Perso, je suis passé sur Krita, il y a un mode crayon, beaucoup plus de fonctions et au moins l'appli fonctionne correctement. J'ai pas leur temps pour attendre qu'un jour ils se réveillent. C'est un enfer depuis que Sketchbook est passé gratuit.

Message 18 of 56
Anonymous

Where can I find previous Windows SketchBook 5.0 version? New update is completely broken.

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous

Well, you can't. Microsoft distribute only the last version provided by editor. Means Autodesk gives 5.0 to Microsoft, then Microsoft allow you to download this version only. No rollback. Don't know if you can avoid the update in any ways.

Message 20 of 56
Anonymous

My surface apply the same problem! Crash!

For the 1st suggestion, as I am using my pen to draw in the screen, so disable the touch is useless to me.

2nd one, there is no such temp file in my computer, so it don't work to me.

I still got a lot of work to be done, please fix the bug as soon as possible, thank you !!!!!!!!   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report