SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen only mode for Desktop edition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3381 Views, 4 Replies

Pen only mode for Desktop edition

So, I'm trying to use sketchbook on my daughters win8 surface.  I keep making marks on the paper from my hand and palm when trying to use the stylus.  I cannot find a way to lock the pen only mode on the desktop.  is there a way to make this work?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

This works..I have done it before...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-wind...

You can toggle it on/off on the fly so it will not accept touch when you run SketchBook.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

The short answer is no. 

There is no "pen mode" on the desktop version. (as of 9/2/18)

It works fine in the mobile version (even though most other features are disabled).

The frustrating part is Autodesk refuses to admit this is problem and pretends disabling your hardware completely is a reasonable solution.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I cant really believe this is being offered as a solution, or why autodesk have changed the pen mode option, its so frustrating to now use the programme. I'm going to have to change to a different piece of drawing software until this gets fixed, as it is currently unusable. FYI im running a Galaxy Notebook with the latest version of sketchbook downloaded this week.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

This is in the category of another work-around that shouldn't really be necessary, but I use a fingerless glove from the college sketching days.  It provides enough of a buffer between the palm / knuckle of the drawing hand that the touch screen does register the touch.  A bit ridiculous, but more effective than try to deal with stray marks on my sketch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report