SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

55 REPLIES 55
SOLVED
Message 1 of 56
david.lau
4192 Views, 55 Replies

iOS/Android/UWP (Windows Store) Update

Check out the new features in the post here:

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/sketchbook-update-for-android-ios-and-windows-10/

David Lau
55 REPLIES 55
Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks David.Lau it soved the issue for me on my Surface Pro, i use(d) the french language before it stoped working since the update 5.0

Message 42 of 56
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous   We are working on a fix ASAP.   You can use the DESKTOP version of SketchBook as well.

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 43 of 56
Anonymous

I changed English (UK) to English (US) and now it is working! Thanks!

Message 44 of 56
Anonymous

Are serious ? I mean, in a week, this is the only solution the dev team found ? Really ?

I'm in charge of a 8 developpers team and this is not how it works. I never, ever, let a client with a circumvention solution. That's not pro. Litteraly, it's like applying a patch on a bleeding jugular. This is not a solution. 

You have to realize that you have custumers eveywhere, and part of them don't understand/speak english at all.

It's a shame for you, for your team and for Autodesk ! And I don't even talk about the worst crisis communication I ever saw in my life/career.

Let me give you a piece of advice @david.lau. Here is what you should do :

1. You really gotta get your **** together.

2. Make a warning sticky post about UWP doesn't work anymore since last update (the reasons)

3. Do the same on the Windows store page to warn people (did you even see how many one star opinion you get in a week ?!)

4. Allow people to download previous version whom works like a charm.

5. Make apologies to your community for your bad communication (come on man, you'r supposed to be "community manager" !) and give us deadline like "it's the team's top priority, we are working on it, expect to get a new working version in one week".

6. Test your application before the production phase !

Trust me, I have very important client (military, communication, energy, ...) and I never let a storm**** become that big ! You loose reputation, clients and most important, money (in the end...) ! Stop being a rookie.

Message 45 of 56
Anonymous

Indeed it is I mite get clip studio

Message 46 of 56
mahyarnaud

Totally agree. Wow, if everyone was as conscientious as you, the earth would turn faster
Message 47 of 56
Anonymous

I changed my language from Chinese (mainland) to English(US) and reboot my surface, then sketchbook worked, I can open any tif file now. 

Thank you for the advice, however, I think a fix version is still needed ! 

Message 48 of 56
Anonymous

My Surface Book was set to:

Windows display language: English (United States)

Preferred languages:   1. English (Canada)  2. Chinese (PRC)

I deleted English (Canada) as the preferred language after adding English (United States) and rebooted, and although I haven't done much testing, the problem -seems- to be fixed. I can manipulate layers and open old .tif files. Not sure about the eyedropper/disappearing UI problem yet as that occurs sporadically (incidentally, it does NOT occur when using the Alt key to bring up the eyedropper if in keyboard mode on the Surface).

I only checked very quickly as I'm at work, but will do some more thorough testing this evening. Thanks for the tip, @david.lau 

Message 49 of 56
Anonymous

How did you do that?
Message 50 of 56
Anonymous

Hi

Why should user change language setting while Sketchbook shouldn't be the only application installed?

What you proposed might be working according to other users who confirmed it did so, however this isn't a right thing to do for Audodesk such a global service provider in serving customers in different location on the globe.

I'm already working my file on other application and will just see how longer Audodesk needs to fix this.

If this is a vehicle, a global recall should have already been claimed for.

You guys are losing your customer and will have to pay for that.

Message 51 of 56
Anonymous

I installed Desktop version instead of UWP version and I found it can open tif files. There is a little inconvenience because of the difference of usage and drawing performance with UWP version, but it works well. I decided to use Desktop version for a while. Thanks for help.

Message 52 of 56
david.lau

We have just released an update on Android/UWP (Windows Store) update to address issues report via this forum post

David Lau
Message 53 of 56
Anonymous

Is there a Mac version or has that platform been abandoned?

Message 54 of 56
david.lau

The desktop version can be downloaded here:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

You can download the Mac/Windows version.  The Desktop version has more feature than the Windows Store version.  The Windows Store version is designed for Surface tablets.

David Lau
Message 55 of 56
Anonymous

Thanks David. In a separate post you had confirmed the Mac version (unlike the PC version) absolutely required logging in with an intern connection to use it. Unfortunately that means I'm out.

On a separate front, when I make or respond to a post I have the box checked that says "Email me when someone replies". I've never received an email when anybody responded so I think that feature is broken...

Message 56 of 56
Anonymous

My mistake - I did find the email notifications about thread replies in my junk folder. Sorry for the confusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report