Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a offset to any object?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jtm2020hyo
565 Views, 5 Replies

How to add a offset to any object?

I tried to create a eccentricity to move 25 mm my column, this to align edge (1) with the edge (2) moving like (3) but not luck, I tried modify each option but do nothing to move 25 mm offset in axis X direction (in the file attached)

... and if possible someone could suggest me any e-book or course to learn robot structural? I did not find many documentation, not sure what do each button

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Romanich
in reply to: jtm2020hyo

Hi @jtm2020hyo ,

Did you check the links from the post below?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/manual-for-robot/m-p/9498765#M81506

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Mohammed_Ata

You can offset your column with offset. You can see some options in this tutorial

52 - Robot Structural Analysis Professional - Eccentricity of beams and columns 

Keep us updated 

Mohammed Ata 

Structural Design Engineer

Autodesk Expert Elite 

EE_Member_Badge_Email_Signature.png

Message 4 of 6
Refaat

Message 5 of 6
jtm2020hyo

thanks for all the help, @Refaat  @Mohammed_Ata  @Romanich, I was checking all links but I did not found a direct solution or mention to this issue (I used ctrl+F)...

... but I was lucky this time and I found the solution and was use the "Offset > Coordinate system > Global" option and this was not documented anywhere. I hope this post help anyone in the future

PD: How can I make the signature in the footer as you all do in the Autodesk forum?

Message 6 of 6
Mohammed_Ata

@jtm2020hyo 

If any replies satisfied your question, please accept it as a solution.

Mohammed Ata 

Structural Design Engineer

Autodesk Expert Elite 

EE_Member_Badge_Email_Signature.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report