Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Section Shape Properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
clintonmaulder
661 Views, 3 Replies

Tag Section Shape Properties

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to tag the section shape dimension properties of a framing family, without having to create dummy shared parameters?

IE, when an 'I' section shape is specified in a structural framing family, it provides in-built Height and Width parameters. I would like to create a tag that will show these values.

thanks

Clinton.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: clintonmaulder

Those in-built dimensions are just user parameters. Convert them to shared parameters and you are set ( yes I read your question).
Message 3 of 4
clintonmaulder
in reply to: ToanDN

As I suspected, thanks for confirming. Pity, maybe in the future.

thanks and regards.

Clinton

Message 4 of 4
lionel.kai
in reply to: clintonmaulder

That would be nice... but don't hold your breath - it may be a while, considering how long things usually take. It's just SO CLOSE - we could have STANDARD "Width" and "Height" parameters, but instead everyone is forced to create different custom Shared Parameters just so we can tag them. At least we can Schedule them (which is more than we can do with many other parameters).

Please vote for applicable wishes: Using Built-In Parameters in Schedules and Tags and Tag any OOTB parameter

Lionel J. Camara
BIM Manager at KAI Hawaii, Inc. - Structural and Forensic Engineers
Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report