Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel connections - face based families on a column loses associated host

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robert.jungergard
278 Views, 2 Replies

Steel connections - face based families on a column loses associated host

Hi,

I have a column where I have applied some steel connections, converting the column to a fabrication of some sort.

I have a face-based family (base plate) at the bottom of the column. When I change my base offset on my column, the face-based family loses it's associated host (the column) and doesn't move with the column.

Is this intended to be like this?

I can't use the default steel connection base plate, since my base plate is more complex than the default.

I can't find the disclaimer about this in the link below.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Revit-M...

Thank you,

robertjungergard_2-1634126762636.png

robertjungergard_3-1634126769570.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

edit your column family , align your base plate to reference plane level and lock or post your family here so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3

Hi, attached is the column family and my base plate.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators