Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

railing schedule for multistory stairs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Karol_Piroska
797 Views, 4 Replies

railing schedule for multistory stairs

Hi guys,

I couldn't find anything on this anywhere so maybe you could help.

I need to schedule railing for staircase (total length), however for multistory staircases the schedule counts only the first level and ignores levels above.

Yes, I tried to itemize every instance and count totals.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jachyme
in reply to: Karol_Piroska

Hello, did you try to calculate total for Length? On the Formatting tab in the schedule

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 3 of 5
Karol_Piroska
in reply to: jachyme

yes, still it doesnt do it. It does it for railings on slab, adds them up, but not for multistory staircase. I created separate file with nothing only staircase just to test it and it still counts only 1st set.

Message 4 of 5
jachyme
in reply to: Karol_Piroska

Oh I see, Railings defined on multistory staircase are grouped and count as a one element with the same length . So unfortunately there is no easy workaround except maybe adding additional parameter as a quantity to the schedule.

Ewa Jachym

Principal User Experience Designer

Message 5 of 5
Karol_Piroska
in reply to: jachyme

Thank you for explanation.

Well I hope this will be fixed in next release or at least there should be a notification. In a project where you have hundreds of meters of railing and realise that you are actually missing another hundred meters can be fairly big issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report