Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing content from Revit 2021 Installation

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
22712 Views, 31 Replies

Missing content from Revit 2021 Installation

Despite raising this with your internal staff when using the Preview software, the final installation of Revit 2021 is missing content or has changed information. See attached screenshots from my PC following a clean install from scratch (Previous preview content fully uninstalled and manually deleted).

• Previous US Imperial directory is now referenced as English-Imperial. Affects both Libraries and Templates.
  • Previous US Metric directory is now referenced as English. Affects both Libraries and Templates.
  • Both English and English-Imperial directories are missing HSS Rectangular, Round, Square and W Shape families from both Structural Framing and Structural Column directories.
  • UK - Structural Framing - Steel - Corus Advance directory is missing a number of family '.rfa' files
  • UK - Structural Columns - Steel - Corus Advance directory is missing a number of family '.rfa' files

See attached screenshots of the installation. Previous Revit 2020 screenshots have been included for comparison.
As we are plug-in developers, the directory changes, filename changes and missing content affects our programming and automated processes. Please can you let me know if these filename changes are permanent or will be rectified in a future service pack.

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Second post to attached the remaining three files

Message 3 of 32
DarrenP

there were changes made with 2021 regarding content: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-ACA9203B-3B54-4DB6-99C7-4EED3498CDDA

you can download addtional content here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-revi...

i'll tag @Tony_Michniewicz & see if he knows

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 32
huotger

Hello,

With Revit 2021, we have depreciated our use of the former Content Pack installation mechanism which caused substantial Revit product install failures for years.  Instead we provide Templates and Family Templates for the 14 supported languages with each Revit 2021 installation.  Additionally, we have provided Optionally installed base set of Family Libraries for US, UK and German users.  The full set of content for each language can be downloaded directly from www.autodesk.com/revit-content-2021

We have also made some adjustments for the folder structure naming for the English based content to be more consistent across the differing content types.

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 5 of 32
JLSMART
in reply to: huotger

Nobody thought it was ironic that you'd give people content in 13 languages that they don't want, but make them go an extra step to get the content they need? Then, to make things cleaner from a programming POV, we'll give them all disciplines, plus Revit and Revit LT, all in a single file? If you're going to make me download content separately, at least I should be able to download only what I want. IMHO.

Message 6 of 32
Trimble_MarMi

Thank you very much for your answer. I've now downloaded and checked the content, and can confirm that everything is present and correct. We can advise our customer base to remove the existing base content and to download from the webpage listed.
Thanks
Marcus (formerly TeklaMarmi profile)

Message 7 of 32
huotger
in reply to: Trimble_MarMi

Marcus,

Can you explain why you feel it is necessary to "remove the existing base content"?

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 8 of 32
Trimble_MarMi

Was unsure if it would simply add the missing files or duplicate the existing content. If it simply adds the missing content then we can just advise to download the additional content.

Message 9 of 32
huotger
in reply to: JLSMART

@JLSMART, Starting with Revit 2016, Revit has used a single set of installation files which supports the install for each of the 13-14 supported languages.  Over that time, there was often scenarios where Core content was not installed correctly, due to the now depreciated Content Pack delivery mechanism, and caused either the Revit.ini to not be generated correctly or errors launching Revit that content was missing.  In Revit 2021, we now include Core content for all 14 supported languages with each installation to ensure that regardless of which country the install occurs in, Revit will have the content needed to write Revit.ini correctly and run without content errors.  We do understand this is a departure from how we delivered in the past and appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 10 of 32
huotger
in reply to: Trimble_MarMi

@Trimble_MarMi ,

We update the Revit 2021 Content page with the following note section and marked the executables as noted.

Important Notes:

• During file extraction you may encounter a "Cannot create…" error message. This is due to Windows needing explicit Administrator permissions to overwrite an existing file contained within the C:\ProgramData location. If you encounter this message, it means that the files are already present and no further action is needed. If you would like to extract the entire package and overwrite the existing files, please run the executable using the "Run as Administrator" option.
  • ** Denotes executable which contains content already installed with either Revit 2021 or Revit LT 2021 by default
  • * Denotes executable which contains content installed by either of the optional US Base Families, UK Base Families or German Base Families

You may need to refresh your browser cache to see the page updates.

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 11 of 32
Trimble_MarMi

Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated.

Message 12 of 32
ewing

It still doesn't work. When I either download and install a single user seat, or if I use the Deployment feature in my administration site it does not install the content. Please just include the content with the software without having to do all of this.

Message 13 of 32
jmd
Explorer

I tried this and then ran Revit only to find the same metric files, no US steel content.  I need W section steel for my model.  Never had this problem with previous versions of Revit.

Message 14 of 32
smith60.alec

I am having the same issue. I have gone to the site and downloaded the content again but nothing has changed. There are many divisions missing from the detailed items, particularly Div 4 Masonry. 

Message 15 of 32
smith60.alec

Still not working. I have downloaded the content separately and it is missing divisions completely. I am specifically looking for Div 4 Masonry in the Detail Components part of Families. What am I missing?
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous

Also missing AEC materials and specialty equiptment\toilet room specialties\mirror.rfa. The new content library seems to be missing a lot of content from the previous versions. I also tried downloading previous libraries and the content is missing from there also. Was there an update that removed content to previous versions as well?

Message 17 of 32
Base12

Autodesk!!! Fix this!!!  Put the friggin' detail content back in the libraries!!

Message 18 of 32
huotger

Hello, on page https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/autodes... the RVT2021_ENU_Imperial_Libraries.exe contains the full set of detail content for US English Imperial.  Are you looking for the content in other languages and it is missing?  The Base families in the Revit 2021 product installation is intentionally only a subset.  The full set of Revit families can be obtained in product with the Load Autodesk Family functionality or from the Revit 2021 Content page above.

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager
Message 19 of 32
Base12

See, this has already been addressed, and this same answer has been given.  The answer does not solve the problem.  The missing content is not included in the downloads.  Please update the missing content, i.e.
Division 05-Metals / 050500-Common Work Results for Metals / 050523-Metal Fastenings ... all the nuts, bolts, anchors, etc that used to be included are currently not included.

Message 20 of 32
huotger
in reply to: Base12

I have just redownloaded the RVT2021_ENU_Imperial_Libraries.exe to a workstation without Revit 2021 and once extracted I have families in 050523-Metal Fastenings as depicted in the image.  Are you not see the same?

RVT-2021-Div05-metals.png

Gerry Huot

SQA Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators