Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with sharing/importing Revit files with pictures as material

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
116 Views, 2 Replies

Issues with sharing/importing Revit files with pictures as material

Hiya!

Whenever I try to import the model attached into a different program like Navis or even open the file on a different computer, the custom material image disappears. Is there a way to embed it into the family model so I can share/import it properly?

Thanks 🙂

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: 1007426

Material Images are one of the things that are not imported into the Revit project.

If you open the project on a different computer, that computer needs access to the same folder (location) with the material images.

So if you use special images than you need to send that image together with the project. On that other computer you have to make sure that Revit can find that image. See also File > Options > Rendering > Additional render appearance paths

If you export your file to other software the same may apply but it also can depend on the other software how it handles things during import. HERE a link with some information regarding Revit images in Navisworks

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi!

I understand that the image materials aren't embedded into the file, but I was wondering if there was any way to do so.

I also tried doing what that link told me to do in Navisworks but it was to no avail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators