Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find cut length field at material take off.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
heshamsalem
231 Views, 7 Replies

I can't find cut length field at material take off.

Hello everyone. 

I have a question of two parts, if we could find a fix for part one then part two is not needed. 

I'm creating fabrication drawings for a wooden house and I'm using Agacad plugin for Revit to populate the model with all the structural elements. 

Here's my question for you. When I create material take off schedule, I can't seem to find the structural cut length to add it to the fields of the schedule. So I have to use the field from identity data which is ( framing member cut length) whichis sometimes not correct and not tied to the original structural cut length. 

So, how can I add the structural cut length to the material take off schedule?

If, there is no way to add that field to the schedule then I'll move to part 2 of the question. 

Can I make the numbers in the identity data ( framing member cut length) be automatically tied to the structural cut length? Because I need the numbers to be the same.

Hoping to find a solution. 

Thanks,

Hesham

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
semi
in reply to: heshamsalem

Why don't you use a structural framing schedule?

semi_0-1720169966462.png

Message 3 of 8
heshamsalem

Because a structural framing schedule won't include all other parts within the walls, like mineral insulation. 

and Same thing when I'm creating assemblies schedule for walls, floors and roofs. I can't see the cut length. 

Message 4 of 8
semi

Then you need to make a "parts" schedule 

See example where I mixed my walls and floorslab of an elevator shaft

semi_0-1720180533816.png

Message 5 of 8
heshamsalem

There is no structural cut length in the parts materials take off

heshamsalem_0-1720183278993.png

Message 6 of 8
semi

You will have 2 schedules: structural framing one and the one for the parts or material take off for all the other structural elements.

I've seen users creating structural framing sheets for fabrication and they always place multiple schedules on those sheets

Message 7 of 8
heshamsalem

Ok! Thank you for your help. Is there a way that I can have a parameter under identity data that is copying the exact number from structural cut length parameter?

Even if we can use a plugin to be able to do that. 

Message 8 of 8
semi

Yes, you need to make an instance reporting shared parameter like this screenshot: 

semi_0-1720186369232.png

semi_1-1720186462244.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators