Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Show Foundation Hatch Under Floors

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
brooke5MKPK
896 Views, 1 Reply

How to Show Foundation Hatch Under Floors

My firm is making the switch from AutoCAD to Revit and we are trying to keep the same graphics standards. Currently, my issue is getting the foundation hatch for foundation elements (grade beams, footings, piers, stem walls)  to show when they are under a floor or slab that is also hatched. We use solid hatches for both the floors and foundation elements. Currently, I am able to see the linework for the foundations below but not the hatch. Is there a way to do this?

I know making the floors transparent is one what to do this, but it messes up the hatch color I am using if I take that approach. Any ideas are appreciated! (see screenshots in attached PDF)

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hmunsell
in reply to: brooke5MKPK

For elements that are actually under the floor or obscured by other elements.... I believe your only going to be able to see the "hidden lines", not the material/hatch. As you have already discovered, you can turn the floor off or make it transparent.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report