Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved roof analytical model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
569 Views, 4 Replies

Curved roof analytical model

All

I am trying to recreate a curved roof made of steel beams. We have an IFC of the model. Is there a way to snap to endpoints on analytical beams? I have tried SE but for some reason that snap doesn't work.

roof.PNGroof2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sampie
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Does "Pick Lines" with 3D Snapping enabled not work?

2018-06-27_14-07-35.jpg

Kind Regards,
Sampie
_______________________________________________________________________________________
If you find my post useful, please give me Kudos. If my post solved your problem, please accept it as a solution.
youtube.com/prokonbuild
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sampie

Yes I had 3d snapping on. The odd thing is sometimes it snapped and sometime it doesn't. All very frustrating.

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

In general snapping does not work for analytical objects.

It may happen You think it is snapping to analytical end when analytical model line is located on top flange (default for beams) but in fact it snaps to end of insertion line.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the reply. It would seem a failure with the program then. I can't see how I can use the analytical model to transfer to the Engineers design software. I hope this is this something that may be improved in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators