Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Family Creating

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tpcsoelin400
719 Views, 7 Replies

Column Family Creating

I tried to make custom structural column family. Some parameter can not change.( such as column length, corbel  location, corbel size etc.) I wonder why they can't change even I made exactly same with built in revit column family. 

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, 

In the family, since you didn't assign a parameter for the lenght, it can be changed by levels, you can assign base and top level and offset distance for lenght. 

hamidreza6HMNC_0-1660833626784.png

I hope it'd be helpful. 

Message 3 of 8
tpcsoelin400
in reply to: tpcsoelin400

First thank you for your reply. I already tried this method. But After uploading to project, I can't change anything. Length is fix. Location is fix. 

Message 4 of 8

Hi, I was wondering if you align and lock the column to its parent and child references while in the family editor.

When I edit the family like this and load it to the project, I can change its length.

Recep Eliaçık
Artı&Artı Teknoloji Hizmetleri/Civil Engineer

ACPACI
Message 5 of 8
tpcsoelin400

It's wonderful. Don't mind can you show me some screenshot if you have time cause I'm just beginner. 

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Here is a screencast for you. 

https://autode.sk/3Q6cROp

Recep Eliaçık
Artı&Artı Teknoloji Hizmetleri/Civil Engineer

ACPACI
Message 7 of 8
lim.wendy

Hi @tpcsoelin400,

Thank you for posting. It looks like @recep.eliacik  provided you with the steps to change the parameters of your column, so for now I am going to mark this as "Assumed Answered." This won't prevent other folks from commenting on this question though in the event other ideas come up!

Remember, marking your posts as having an accepted solution really helps out other forum users that have the same issue – so don’t be shy about marking it as a solution! Accepted solutions get viewed more and help more users find the answer to their issues. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 8 of 8

That solution what I'm searching for over month. Now I  got solution morn than column. Thank you so much @recep.eliacik. 😀.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators