Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solve duplicate mark warning

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Zaatra
19149 Views, 20 Replies

solve duplicate mark warning

HI EVERY ONE, HOW I CAN SOLVE THE DUPLICATE MARK WARNINIG ?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Zaatra

Under the manage tab, you see the Inquiry panel. There is a button named Warnings.

By clicking on that you are ableto see all the warnings. You will see a warning named: Elements have duplicate 'Mark" values. You can filter all the elements that have duplicate values and renumber the marks in the properties.

Another way would be to write a script in Dynamo that checks elements for duplicate values and renames them according to a certain predefined value.

Message 3 of 21
ToanDN

You can create a schedule of the category, add Mark field to see the duplicates and renumber them.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 21
RobDraw

IMHO, there is no reason to resolve it. It's just an arbitrary number and duplicates can be ignored without any detrimental affects on the model.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 21
Zaatra
in reply to: Anonymous

thank you for answer, but i have 800 warning , i install free trial element renumber but this software can only renumber the wire and cable tray

for daynmo can you give my matirial or video to learn it please?

Message 6 of 21
Zaatra
in reply to: ToanDN

thank you this solution is aplicable to me in another project but this project have 800 warning

Message 7 of 21
Zaatra
in reply to: RobDraw

i know that but sometimes it effect the speed of rendering of project

Message 8 of 21
ToanDN

If you really don't need the Mark value and only need to get rid of the warnings then group the schedule by Mark, unitemized, type a number in the cell then delete it. That will clear all the Mark value and in turn, clear tge warnings.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

Dynamo - Rename duplicate marks to element ID.PNG

This is a simple dynamo script that rewrites the Mark parameter with the Element ID for all elements visible in the active view. It's a custom node from the Bakery package. You can find a lot of information about Dynamo on Youtube. I suggest installing the Bakery package as well, as this will add a lot of functionality to Dynamo.

Hope this helps you out. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

Message 10 of 21
fabiosato

Hello,

In Revit 2018, in the Dynamo player I have seen a free routine to do this.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

I am trying to get this duplicate mark warning message because I don't want the structural framings to have the same Mark value in it's instance parameters. Each Mark has to be unique. I tested in a revit architectural sample project and made a schedule with 2 fields (Family and Mark). Then I set the Mark for 1 beam at 100 and the other also 100, but I don't get the warning message...

Do you have an idea how to display this message?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous

I am trying to get this duplicate mark warning message because I don't want the structural framings to have the same Mark value in it's instance parameters. Each Mark has to be unique. I tested in a revit architectural sample project and made a schedule with 2 fields (Family and Mark). Then I set the Mark for 1 beam at 100 and the other also 100, but I don't get the warning message...

Do you have an idea how to display this message?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello Toad, 

Could you upload a little screencast or a screenshot of this. Since I can not  do it by your text instruction. Once I do have all my doors with mark, I do select all but by the time I try to set 1 number, they do not change, 

Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 21
asWAPL9

I am having a weird bug. I get the duplicate type mark value warning, however my elements are not duplicates!!! it keeps on happening it is very annoying. how can this be?
Message 15 of 21
iainsavage
in reply to: asWAPL9

You’ve probably got two types in a family, both with the same Type Mark.

As one if the solutions above create a schedule withType and  Type Mark as fields, sort by Type Mark then by Type and you’ll see the duplicates.

Message 16 of 21
iainsavage

PS: extremely unlikely that this is a “bug”.

Message 17 of 21
asWAPL9
in reply to: iainsavage

two types, type 1 vs type 2. type 1 HAD value "x1" in the type mark parameter, but no longer. now it has "x2"
Type 2 has value "x1" in the type mark parameter.
warning appears as soon as i write that "x1" -duplicate type marks.

been working with this software since 2012, pretty sure its either a bug, or a software error.
Message 18 of 21
RobDraw

@asWAPL9 wrote:
been working with this software since 2012, pretty sure its either a bug, or a software error.

Share the file for verification.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 19 of 21
iainsavage

@asWAPL9 wrote:

I did a Google search and couldn’t get any hits for any similar posts so maybe its rare or unique to your system. Maybe you should raise a support case with Autodesk.

Have you been getting this same error since 2012 or is it something which just recently appeared?

Message 20 of 21
asWAPL9
in reply to: RobDraw

Unfortunately I cannot because of confidentiality reasons. will try to replicate it in a test project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators