Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECTION HEAD NAME

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
sbshpgl
606 Views, 10 Replies

SECTION HEAD NAME

sbshpgl_0-1696475499867.png

Hi, I want to give a name to the section head and it should be able be repeated

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
iainsavage
in reply to: sbshpgl

Change the name of the section view?

Message 3 of 11
sbshpgl
in reply to: iainsavage

no, If i change the view name , i cannot use the same name for different sections

Message 4 of 11
iainsavage

I don't think you can do this. In the symbol family labels these are the only options and it doesn't appear to allow you to create/load your own shared parameter:

iainsavage_2-1696580684090.png

Message 5 of 11
fabiosato

Hello,

When you create a section, you can link it to an existing view. This way the same view name will be used.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
sbshpgl
in reply to: fabiosato

can you explain with pictures?

Message 7 of 11
fabiosato

Hello,

When you create a section, you have this option in the ribbon before placing it.

fabiosato_0-1697232839907.png

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
sbshpgl
in reply to: fabiosato

Hi, If I refer to another view , It will show that view only.

Message 9 of 11
iainsavage

Could you please explain more clearly what you want to achieve - it seems that you want to have multiple sections (which MUST have different unique names) but with the section bubble always displaying the same value - is that correct?

So the text in the bubble will not actually direct the user to the applicable view, sheet or detail reference?

What would you like the bubble to say? - could you give examples with screenshots/sketches?

Message 10 of 11
sbshpgl
in reply to: iainsavage

sbshpgl_0-1697536257261.png

Hi, for example here i want to use the letter A inside the bubble but for different sections

Message 11 of 11
iainsavage

Okay so I assume that you want a section A one sheet and then a different section A on another sheet and then another section A on another sheet.

That maybe works for you in CAD but doesn't really work in Revit because Revit creates a fully connected overall model, not individual "drawings".

Each section view must therefore have a unique name (per the error box).

The section line and bubble aren't just an annotation, they are live objects which change if the section view parameters change. The bubble is also able to allow you to quickly navigate to the section view by double clicking it or by right-clicking the section line and selecting "Go to View".

One option might be to display the detail reference in the bubble rather than the view name, then place the section on a sheet and make it detail A on the sheet.

iainsavage_0-1697563066771.png

You can also edit the bubble to remove the sheet number so that it would ONLY say "A"

iainsavage_1-1697563390737.png

but you'll have to be careful if you do that because there would be nothing to direct the reader to which section A is the correct section A referenced in that particular view and you could also potentially end up with different sections in the same view all displaying "A" as their reference because they are placed on different sheets. 

iainsavage_2-1697563531871.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report