Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit NWC Export Graphical Issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ryan.saluzzi
378 Views, 6 Replies

Revit NWC Export Graphical Issues

I have ductwork modeled in Revit 2022 which when viewed in a Revit 3D view looks fine, but when exported to .NWC format and brought into Navisworks there are sections missing graphically. See attached images for reference. Has anyone had this issue and know what is causing this to happen?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Lockey7
in reply to: ryan.saluzzi

Hi there have you tried both exporting the nwc out of Revit and also appending the native rvt into a new project in Navisworks to see if it makes a difference? Also in the screenshot check if this is set in Navisworks options. Cheers.

Lockey7_0-1677673437257.png

Simon Locke
Principle Consultant - Symetri UK
Message 3 of 7
ryan.saluzzi
in reply to: Lockey7

@Lockey7 so I always export to nwc out of Revit, but I had not previously tried appending my main Revit model, mainly because they are always so large and take a long time to append. But when it did finally come in, the Revit model version had no graphical issues, and that was with the convert setting set on entire project as well. Since changing the convert setting to Navisworks View, there doesnt seem to be any issues so maybe that was it. What exactly does that setting control? Can you explain why that might be the answer to this issue? I'm just not familiar enough with those settings.

Message 4 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: ryan.saluzzi

Hello,

When you select the Navisworks view, you get more control over which elements will be converted to NWC; only visible parts will be exported.

Another advantage of appending RVT files into Navisworks is that whenever an RVT file is updated, it will be converted when opening and updating your coordination file. Depending on your workflow, this can be good or bad.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Check current and trending known issues that may cause Premiere Pro to crash on export.
Update to the latest Premiere Pro version that provides better product stability as we fix product issues.
Update Premiere Pro now.
Force quit and restart Premiere Pro or restart your computer to resolve a system issue.
Check if your System Compatibility Report is throwing any errors. Your report will indicate if you have any driver issues and if you need to update your drivers.
Remove any punctuation marks in the media, the project file, or the output name.
Make sure you have enough free disk space on the machine.
Export to a different location on your machine.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez
Message 6 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: RachelGomez161999

@RachelGomez161999 wrote:
Check current and trending known issues that may cause Premiere Pro to crash on export.
Update to the latest Premiere Pro version that provides better product stability as we fix product issues.
Update Premiere Pro now.

Premier Pro crashing? Did you respond to wrong thread?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7

@RachelGomez161999 from your previous posts many of them have been edited and marked with ***THE POST HAS BEEN EDITED: TIPS NOT RELATED TO AUTOCAD FOR MAC HAVE BEEN CROSSED OUT***.

You seem to have a habit of posting irrelevent nonsense and unfortunately have now decided to do so on the Revit MEP forum.

Please don't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report