Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Duplicate sheets

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
15685 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2015 Duplicate sheets

Hi,

I'm using Revit MEP 2015 and im staggered that you cannot duplicate a Sheet. So am i right in saying that once you finish your 1st sheet with info filled in, views and legends inserted there is no way to duplicate this? You have to do each sheet one at a time?

Or does anyone know of an App i can download?

Many thanks

Paul

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

In your project browser if you select multiple sheets you can fill the instance parameters at once in the property window.

Sheets.png

But you can not copy a sheet. This is because most views are only allowed to be placed once on a sheet.

It is something that is requested on a regular basis to be able to copy sheets with placeholders or something.

You can always put in a request of your wishes to autodesk by fiklling in the form on THIS autodesk site.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes i know that side of it where you can fill in the attributes as such, but its the standard notes or legends that might be required on multiple drawings plus the main view can be removed and another substitued in maybe as the floors go up?

OK, sounds like its one by one then, Thanks!

Paul

Message 4 of 12
L.Maas

Maybe some things can be done through the API. In that respect dynamo might be an option.

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
CADTripper

Hi,

Yes you are right there is no way in Revit to duplicate sheets at the moment. The quickest way is to prepare a placeholder sheets in your template as many as you think you need in every project and use it when creating new sheets for your project legends. Make sure you are utilizing the Revit Legends for your "legends and general notes" to use it as many times as you want and insert it in multiple sheets.

For views like drafting, floor plans, sections, etc. you have to duplicate it to be able to insert it in multiple sheets and re-use the same view.

Ryan

Ryan Ortega
MEP BIM Lead
Aurecon Group - Dubai, UAE
www.ryanortega-bimportfolio.com
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Dynamo was my thought here too. There are some cool classes on the AU website that detail this exact activity. It's mega easy and opens the door to loads more possibilities.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

You can purchase and download the app for Duplicate sheet, very fast and safe.

Thanks !!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Select the sheet and Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V will do what you want.

regards

Christian

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

So you have to purchase a plug-in to bypass what should otherwise be a regular feature?

Message 10 of 12
L.Maas

As mentioned in earlier post, you could do things with Dynamo. Dynamo is now integral part of Revit.

Louis

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

iam working on architectural revit 2018   i knew  that duplicate a sheet is not possible, but what if i want to do the same exact sheet but with  2 different  visual styles, is that possible?  thanks  

Message 12 of 12
brobes05

Hello, 

This solution worked for me quickly (only about 5 dynamo nodes):  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31BpVwrzq-A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators