Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment/Fixture/Raceway Tag Organization and Creation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
328 Views, 2 Replies

Equipment/Fixture/Raceway Tag Organization and Creation

Greetings,

I am working on cleaning up some templates.  Our company has fragmented the equipment, fixtures, raceway, etc. tags into many separate families.  It seems more logical to me to have a single "Tray" family tag with controlled visibility through types ;then say 4 or 5 independent family tags each with only a single text label in them.

Is there any reason to keep them as separate families, or otherwise general consensus about family / type organization in this manner?

Any pitfalls to keeping them as types?  I've already made a few of my own this way and havent run into anything yet... but it means I can reduce the number of families, make edits easier to labels should font or size need to change, etc.

Im not really seeing any down side.

Thank you and happy weekend!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

I, too, prefer multiple types. The only real problem that I run into is when the different types have different number of lines of text and the lengths of lines can vary. Leader landing points and gaps can be difficult to control. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw Thanks!  Ill keep an eye out for that.  In my case all the tags are basically identical so I haven't observed that yet.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report