Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Models are NOT Coordinated...WHY???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EENagel
300 Views, 5 Replies

Sample Models are NOT Coordinated...WHY???

As I am looking at the Technical School sample files located here, I am noticing that the Architectural / Structural models and the MEP model are NOT coordinated.  After re-positioning the project base points in all three models to the same location (at intersection of grids H and 10 -- by the way, why aren't these points already in the same location in the models???), I linked the models together using "Auto - Project Base Point to Project Base Point" and the result is concerning.  It appears that the architectural and structural models are (for the most part -- there are some elements not corresponding) in alignment properly, however the MEP model does NOT match the modeled conditions in the A & S models.  See images below.  Why is Autodesk providing sample models that are not coordinated and not modeled in a way that represents an integrated design?  What am I missing here?  Are there updated models that I am just not seeing for download?  Can anyone shine a light on why this has happened to these models?
as-mep image 001.jpgas-mep image 002.jpgas-mep image 003.jpgas-mep image 004.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: EENagel

Autodesk has been perfect in every other aspect. Not sure how they didn't catch this. Your thoughts would be better served on the product feedback page or you can try the ideas page to get it fixed.

Good luck.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 6
fabiosato

Hello,

It seems that the models were not well coordinated at the beginning, or MEP is using and older version or the architecture model.....

These are things that must be fixed in the very beginning of the process, now it may demand a lot of work...

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ennujozlagam

Have you tried to download the files and do nothing and try to link them as shared coordinates? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 6
EENagel
in reply to: ennujozlagam

This would not make a difference.  As you can see from the images that I posted, the plans themselves are not coordinated...they do not match.

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw

Does that fact interfere with doing any of the tutorials? It's been a long time concern that the OOTB content is not adequate in a number of ways. Does this revelation really surprise you? Is it going to affect the way you use the software? 

If you want to bring this to Autodesk's attention and suggest that they fix it, there's the product feedback page or the ideas page where this thread is more appropriate.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators