Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimmension split while inserting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andkal
219 Views, 4 Replies

Dimmension split while inserting

Hello
When I place the dimmension between two objects and accidentally snap to some other line that Revit finds, the dimmension is then split into two. Is there any method to turn this option off?
1.gif

• www.autolisps.blogspot.com - Productivity plugins for Autocad and Autocad MEP
• Autodesk AppStore
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BiMBoXiT
in reply to: andkal

Hi 

while adding dimension 1 first reference - 2 Second reference point and 3rd click should be outside 

this is what I'm doing it. I hope you happy about my answer. 

BiMBoXiT_0-1613559702229.png

BiM BoXiT
Message 3 of 5
andkal
in reply to: BiMBoXiT

I usually do it as you showed, but it doesnt matter where you click the third time actually.
When you click somewhere outside, the dimmensions also split when revit finds something (even hidden).
So I just have to be careful, but putting more attention to make it more precise makes my work less efficient.

• www.autolisps.blogspot.com - Productivity plugins for Autocad and Autocad MEP
• Autodesk AppStore
Message 4 of 5
iainsavage

Yes I agree its annoying.

I can’t test it just now but there’s a setting in the Snaps dialogue for “snap to remote objects” which you can disable but I don’t know if it affects dimensioning.

You can also type SO as a running override to disable snaps whilst executing another command.

Message 5 of 5
BiMBoXiT

Hi, 

Yes it is a meter! when /where you clicking the the third point, it should not be on an object 

Joy of Revit !!!

BiM BoXiT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators