Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot elevation giving wrong measurements

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
m-de-lange
1395 Views, 4 Replies

Spot elevation giving wrong measurements

After searching on countless of other posts with the same or similar issue i am unable to solve this.

Spot elevations give the wrong information when placed. The height of the object is 43, but the spot elevation says 45.

I have no underlay so we can rule that one out.

Most people stated that in order to fix the spot elevation you'll need to go to 'edit type' and find the parameter 'Elevation Origin'.

This parameter does not exist within the spot elevation type properties as shown in the attached screenshot.

So what am I supposed to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: m-de-lange

What is that object which you are tagging?

Are you picking the top surface of a 3D object rather than the bottom surface?

Message 3 of 5
m-de-lange
in reply to: iainsavage

The object is a generic model, and yes i pick the top surface. From a floorplan i wouldn't know how to choose the bottom surface

Message 4 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: m-de-lange

So if I’m reading your attachments correctly the base of the object is at 43 metres but what is the height of the object and is that what is causing the wrong value?

AFAIK the spot tool finds spots on any surface so if you’re looking down on top of the object it will find that surface first?

I think, maybe wrong, you can temporarily switch to wireframe and tab to cycle through potential attachment points and it should then find the bottom of the object.

Message 5 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

By default it finds "actual selected elevation" which, I'm pretty sure, means the elevation on the surface which the tool finds, which in the floor plan would seem to always be the top surface.

There's a drop down which allows you to select instead top elevation, bottom elevation or top & bottom elevation.

iainsavage_0-1613657355136.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report