Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with host MEP families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sergio_ramirezr
316 Views, 1 Reply

Dealing with host MEP families

Hi there.

I'm interesting in what is your best way to deal with that:

Right now i'm working in a big project that make changes constantly (like change ceilings, walls, roofs) i used to use my MEP families face based but you know.. when a host element like architectural ceiling, wall and roof is deleted to replace for another one type, the families are deleted or lost.

What is in your opinion the best solution? Make work plane based and create a reference level? What about if the height or position of a ceiling or wall is changed?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobDraw
in reply to: sergio_ramirezr

@sergio_ramirezr wrote:

you know.. when a host element like architectural ceiling, wall and roof is deleted to replace for another one type, the families are deleted or lost.

The warning that you see is misleading. The objects getting deleted are the hosts not the elements hosted to them.

@sergio_ramirezr wrote:

What is in your opinion the best solution? Make work plane based and create a reference level? What about if the height or position of a ceiling or wall is changed?

I avoid hosted families.

Reference planes are a good solution along with manual coordination.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators