Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/paste

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Gilles.Lagrilliere
1568 Views, 9 Replies

copy/paste

Hello

I have a problem with copy/paste. Ever time I copy some pipes to clipboard and use paste aligned to current view or selected levels it always paste on the same place  resulting in double instances.

Can someone help or explain why this is happening?

Thanks! 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

If you’re copying from one level to another, select items which are only only on the level you’re copying from i.e. don’t select any parts of the risers. You should then be able to paste to selected levels (one or multiple levels). Then you can join up the risers.

It would help though if you posted images, video or project file to assist.

Message 3 of 10

Just following up on this. Did you solve your issue?

Message 4 of 10

Hello

I used a work around.

First I select everything I need to move to an other level in plan view.

Then I move it in a section view to the level I want.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Gilles.Lagrilliere

try to select all elements you want to copy then in section choose align to picked level option to see all the changes...

please click the "Accept as Solution" button.  This helps everyone find answers more quickly! 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Gilles.Lagrilliere

this is also a good workflow 

Message 7 of 10

Your workaround is valid but not ideal especially if dealing with several levels.

The link below might help you to get to grips with the technique for the future. The best workflow is to populate a level but not add the risers, copy and paste to selected levels (single or multiple) then add the risers.

(Note that the linked thread became a bit confusing because the OP used two different logins and kept contradicting themselves but parts 3, 9 and 19 are the key parts)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/wrong-level-when-copying-elements/m-p/9478762#M69625

Message 8 of 10

I see that you have marked your workaround as the solution to this problem.

Personally I think this is misleading for anyone viewing this thread in the future.

The process of pasting to selected levels should work fine if done properly.

Message 9 of 10

In my case it doesn't work properly and don't know how.

Even if I select one pipe and try to copy to a selected level it doesn't work.

Message 10 of 10

Video attached just to show that it should work as intended, without workaround.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report