Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Monitor Loosing information

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
david.faircloth
180 Views, 3 Replies

Copy/Monitor Loosing information

I am working in a project where I have the live Electrical Engineering model linked into my Revit model. I want to Copy/Monitor all of the electrical equipment from the Linked Electrical Engineering model into my Revit model, however when doing so the panel name changes. Is there a way to copy/monitor objects from one model to another without loosing information such as equipment name?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
timlove
in reply to: david.faircloth

Copy/Monitor does not have that functionality.  You can have a script or plugin written that does copy that information.  I have done something crudely that copies circuit info when placing devices (it is custom parameters, not actual circuiting within Revit).

If you need all the information, the best advice is to start with the engineers model, delete everything you don't want, this does not help much if you use customized families.  

Message 3 of 4
hmunsell

Why do you want to Copy/Monitor the Electrical Panel into your model? what is it your trying to accomplish by doing that?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
s.borello

Why?  Just curious as to the reason you would copy into your project as opposed to just linking? Will you be doing the circuiting in your model? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators