Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics of electrical scheduling

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ed.Jobe
270 Views, 5 Replies

Basics of electrical scheduling

Hi, first, I'm not a Revit user. My daughter has built a model of my home. She has an arch and structural background. So we've run into some issues with electrical. She has modeled the circuits, but it's not scheduling right. I don't think the panel is modeled correctly. Do you need to specify what circuit breaker is in each slot? Or do you just edit the schedule? Can you point me to a learning resource? Any advice. FYI the panel is a GE class CTL, model TSM2020CSCU, 200A, 120/240 VAC 3 wire 1-phase.... Just in case there is a family for this.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fabiosato
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Hello,

You can create a panel schedule and edit the parameter. Select the panel, and the panel schedule creation command will become available.

Another approach is to create an Electrical Circuit Schedule.

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: fabiosato

We already have a schedule started, but I don't know how to tell Revit what breakers are installed in what slot. Some are mini breakers that take up one slot and some are regular breakers that take up 2 slots. with different amp ratings. Some are GFI and some are AFCI, some are neither. So I was asking if I should edit the panel or just change the text  in the schedule?

Also, the default family that I found only has a choice of 120 100A or 120 225A panels. Mine is 120/240 200A. Is there a better family or should I create a new panel family?

Thanks for your help.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
hmunsell

select the circuit in the in the schedule and use the Move options to move the circuit to a different location. 

hmunsell_2-1715368962147.png

hmunsell_1-1715368900747.png

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: hmunsell

Hi @hmunsell  That's a nice tip I can use, but it's not my problem now. Lets say I have a 2 pole bkr at 15,16. I need the schedule to show that so when I create a home run, it get's added to 15,16, not just 15. I was thinking that the schedule is 'connected' to the panel and gets breaker positions from the panel. Is that thinking wrong? Or is the schedule independent from the panel, thus the schedule is nothing more than a spreadsheet that I need to add text to 15 and 16?

Your panel shows A, B and C phases. Mine is A, B, neutral.

---update

I should mention that my panel is a 120/240 vac, single phase, 3 wire, 2 pole with 20 slots. odd are A and even are B. Each breaker position can take two mini breakers. You could look at it as 40 slots. So I have a whole variety of loads, 15a, 20a, 30a, 50a. I've since found out that indeed, the schedule is linked to the panel and I think I have the panel family configured right, except for the breakers. I just need to know how to double up the slots for breakers that take 2 slots and specify the breaker's amperage and whether normal, GFI, or AFCI.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Ed.Jobe

I solved the problem with the help of this video. I first had to create a new panel family that had the right number of poles. Then I had to create a new distribution system for it. I also had to create a new 240V dryer outlet family that used 2 poles.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators