Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrows on ducts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
PS224358
639 Views, 5 Replies

Arrows on ducts

Good morning,

I have a question about arrows on ducts.

I would like to put the arrows on my ducts to show the direction of the flow.

I draw some lines but it is not the right way to do it.

How it is possible to solve this?

Thank you.

2.PNG

2.PNG

1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
iainsavage
in reply to: PS224358

I use a customised tag which has “text” in it using the Wingdings font which includes arrow symbols.

Message 3 of 6
PS224358
in reply to: iainsavage

How can i do this one?

Message 4 of 6
HVAC-Novice

I assume you want the arrows to automatically change direction based on actual flow? This would make plans more clear. I don't have an idea for that, but that would be cool for pipes and ducts. 

I think I know how to do what iansavage suggested, but this seems to be a manual method to decide which way the arrow points (unless i missed the automated part). 

Best I came up with is to color return and supply duct differently based on duct system type. This isn't really what you asked about, but works for me seeing better what ducts (and pipes) are what and from that the user can infer the direction. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 5 of 6
iainsavage

Attached is a basic one. It contains two types, one for left/down, one for right/up (Revit always rotates the text to be viewed from the bottom or right side of the page).

You need to decide which one to use, it won't automatically detect flow direction (and I don't know of a way to do that).

It should snap to the duct centreline as long as you place it with the leader option switched off.

Wingdings or Wingdings 3 fonts have several arrow style characters and you can see them via the character map app in Windows.

Message 6 of 6
PS224358

Thank you for your reactions. I solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report