Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X,Y,Z coordinates parameters available in schedules

X,Y,Z coordinates parameters available in schedules

is incredible that software with more than 10 years can't offer the X,Y,Z parameters of the object in the properties of in the schedule.

Please make the parameter available.

5 Comments
ipselute
Advisor

I hope you're talking about length, width and height / depth parameters. Because X,Y,Z are just cartesian coordinates. And those parameters have constant values only for the simplest shapes (3D primitives). For complex shapes , like conceptual masses, all parameters are variables defined by some functions. Displays functions might be useful too.

Revit has too little engineering (maths) aproach.

We also need Level dimensions in schedules. To easily see Base level and Top level of walls, beams, columns, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rivera-Artes

I understand your wish, had the same problem. We are used to coordinates like in AutoCAD or others applications and working in projects, which where georeferenced.

As far I understand the logic of Revit, you must look at your model itself viewed locally. You can define a georeference point, but the software doesn't work with the georefenced system. If you want coordinate lists for the execution of your construction, I recomend you to create a point family and write a Dynamo Skript to it. From there you can create the X, Y, Z parameters and file them in the model, and further export the data to excel.

The Skript is a easy math, vector geometry: transforming the vectors on the local reference to the georefenrence ( rotate + move)

wr.marshall
Advisor

Firstly some related ideas

Scheduling Spot Coordinates and spot elevations 

Structure Foundation_pile coordinates in schedule and Quantity 

Schedule to report coordinates of structural framing (Archived) 

Acquiring coordinates from Columns 

Export XYZ coordinates using shared parameters 

In addition for the odd cases where columns are not sitting on a rectangular grid there needs to be a way to schedule the angle of a given element.

zhaohui.chen5TEA7
Enthusiast

Revit definitely has all the coordinate information in a model. Use sport coordinate can get the information one at time. 

I don't understand why Revit doesn't provide xyz parameters which can be easily controlled by user for scheduling etc.

xyz parameters should be a basic functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show piles coordinate in pile schedule?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report