Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vew range improvements

Vew range improvements

I would like to see an improvement in thee current view range setting. As you can see below instead of the help style picture on the left ii would propose you can generate a section view from your project where you can adjust the grips to change the view range in your floor plan or Ceiling plan on the fly.

It can be quite tedious and laborious to find a perfect height or a right level to set your ranges to, having a live update on screen would be so much more helpful and time saving.

View range test.jpg

3 Comments
Kevin.Bell
Advisor

Can't you already do this? In a 3D view, right click on the ViewCube, select Orient to View, then Floor Plan and then pick your plan.

Whilst its not interactive, it shows the view range...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm discussing during your project set up of your floor plans or RCP's where it can be tedious to set your visibility up to what you want to see in your view range without having to 'guess' an appropriate height, my method uses a range selector that is dynamic and changes on screen when you move the sliders up and down.

krrp
Contributor

I'd vote for that ability to graphically fine tune the view ranges. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report