Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two views zoom

two views zoom

The ability to "link" two views together so that when you zoom or pan one, it zooms or pans the other, would be extremely helpful.

We use Phases to the extreme sometimes. Currently I have a project that has 6 Phases. Partway through the job they changed their minds about when some certain piping would be installed (from Phase 2 to Phase 4) and the disconnecting and reconnecting etc. would have been so much easier if I had been able to see two windows together, zoomed to the same pipes, at the same time, showing different Phases. This helps a person "see" that what they "think" they are doing, is actually what they are doing. And the building was so huge, if one window could have followed the other as I moved along... it would have been fantastic.

4 Comments
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Until your Idea becomes a feature:

There's a tool in the pyRevit AddIn called Sync Views that does exactly what you're asking for.

dplumb does it do this live?

Currently, our workaround is to close the second view, move the first to the new position, then when you open the second view Revit auto-aligns to the new location.

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor
Almost live.
You have to click (once) in the second view to update it

mwolford
Contributor

This Add-in does the trick. Someone here in the office showed me before these comments but thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report